Approved New Member: sammyc14

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Jul 8, 2012.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Feb 28, 2011
    Welcome sammyc14,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here:

TSO Staff
  2. sammyc14

sammyc14 Walk On

Jul 8, 2012
    Name: Sam C
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): **PSN=SoulMan15
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: n/a
    Time Zone: Eastern
    General Availability for User vs User games: 3-4 games per week
    Favorite Teams: THE Ohio State University
    How did you hear about Tradition Sports: referral= PSN coocath110

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?
    No I have not played online leagues. I have always wanted to but was unaware of sites like this to join serious leagues. I did not want to waste my time just joining any garbage league.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?
    I have been playing video games since I can remember. My earliest memories are of Ninja Turtles on Nintendo. First major sports game I got into was probably Troy Aikman football on SEGA or Ken Griffey Baseball. I have been playing online on and off for probably 10 years or so.

3. What type of player would you say you are?
    I am a player who like to play to have fun but brings a competitive nature to it. I played football through college (not that it matters) and enjoy bringing a sense of realism to the video game as I did in my playing years. I play clean and fair...I suppose it is mostly out of respect for the game and others.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?
    My age range is right around there. My profession probably ages me even a little bit more than 26.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?
    I have read the rules and it seems pretty basic. Play the game like a real game would be played. This is what really sparked my interest actually.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.
    Well lets see...I live in and grew up in Ohio. I have a job that I love in sales and am engaged to the woman I love. I enjoy going to all types of sporting events but my real passion is football, either professional or college as I played this through my schooling career. I sometimes play video games for the fun of it, and sometimes just as an out to everyday life. Although I am a competitive my nature person, if I lose a game it would not ruin my day. I like to drink beer. Anything else that I am missing, please ask I am very approachable.

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community?
    Well I get along with all types of individuals, heck thats basically what I do for a living everyday. I understand people's schedules and respect personal lives of others.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO?
    I hope to be lucky enough to join a competitive league that has people in it that are similar to me. Headset preferred. I hope to join something long term with people that are also growing in their personal lives. Obviously, one day when I and others in the league have children, time to play will become less and less.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?
    Well, since I have not played in a league online I am not sure what the "proper" answer would be. But I would most likely play out the game and either ask the opposing player about the situation, report it to my commissioner, or both.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup?
    I have looked at some of the openings that are listed on one board in particular. It is tough for me to sort out who is looking to join a league, who is just starting one, and who has leagues that have been around that are looking for additional players.

I would prefer to join a league that has been around for a year or two, or whatever and play with serious people.

Or/and I would like to join a league that is big into taking lower ranked schools and developing them into big time dynasties.

I prefer to play with a head set, this is a social experience, I can play the computer if I don't want to talk to anyone.
  3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Feb 9, 2009
    Featured Threads:
    Nice Application Sam.

Approved, welcome to TSO.
  4. sammyc14

sammyc14 Walk On

Jul 8, 2012
    Thank you
  5. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion