Approved New Member: Sarvinator

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Aug 10, 2012.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Feb 28, 2011
    Welcome Sarvinator,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here:

TSO Staff
  2. Sarvinator

Sarvinator Walk On

Aug 10, 2012
    Name: Mike
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): Sarvinator on both consoles, but I play sports on the Xbox
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: Don't use any of them
    Time Zone: Central
    General Availability for User vs User games: Weekday nights, weekend mornings\afternoons, pretty open availability
    Favorite Teams: Chiefs\Missouri Tigers
    How did you hear about Tradition Sports: User on OperationSports forums.

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? I have not. I've tried to organize friends to play an online franchise, but not enough play madden anymore to make this possible.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online? Been playing since I was 7, and got my first NES control deck for Christmas. I've been playing online since Mechwarrior 2 hit the PC (56K modem days). I was a beta tester for Ultima Online back in the day, and still prefer to buy games that have online play vs those that don't.

3. What type of player would you say you are? Casual and respectful. I'm not someone who is in to trash talking, and respect is the biggest thing I look for when playing online. I can't stand having ten year olds swearing at me because they sniped me in Halo, and I will always friend someone or "prefer" the player if I think they did something to show a sense of respect in game. Things like not dropping out of a game even though your whole team did, or sticking with a game that you are getting blown out in always impresses, and I think of myself as that type of player.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age? I fit in on the upper end of that. I'll be 32 very soon, but I'm a kid at heart and will be a gamer until someday I physically can't do it (a scary thought to me). I see no age issues at all.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns? I read the NCAA rules and am very impressed by them. I plan to have a print out copy handy before my first games on here so that I'm in full compliance. It really seems like we are trying to play games of real sim-style football on here, where most online lobby players are in it for more of an NFL Blitz-esque experience.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time. - I'm a HUGE football fan, so I'd want to avoid scheduling games during any NFL or Mizzou tiger games. I'm also a season ticket holder to the KC Royals (yeah, they are terrible, but I still love them) and enjoy watching Sporting KC in the MLS (just won the US Cup). I'm a big movie fan as well, so when I'm not gaming or watching sports I'm probably watching a movie. I'm married, no children as of yet, though we do hope to start a family soon. I do have to spend some of my sports\gaming time in the basement to keep the wife happy.

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community? I would hope that I fit in very well. It seems like everyone here is looking for the same thing that I am: a place to play sports online where it actually feels like you are playing a sim of the sport without people exploiting or glitching the game.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO? Above all I'm looking to have a lot of fun. I'm very excited about the new madden, and I'm wanting to be involved in an online franchise\league with mature sports fans.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation? I would first advise the other player that they are breaking the rules. If I feel that they are doing this on purpose or are completely ignoring a rule I would finish the game and contact my league's commissioner regarding the game.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup? I would like to play in a Madden 13 (xbox) online Franchise. I haven't gotten into looking at a specific league yet, but a sim-style online Madden franchise sounds amazingly fun.

Looking forward to getting to know folks! Thanks for reading!
  3. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Jul 14, 2009