New Member: schreck822

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by Shaun Mason, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Feb 9, 2009
    Featured Threads:
    Welcome schreck822,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here:

TSO Staff
  2. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Feb 17, 2011
    Name: Chad Schreck
    Gamertag Xbox: schreck822
    AIM: n/a
    Time Zone: Central (Iowa)
    General Availability: usually 8-midnight ct weekdays, anytime on weekends as needed
    Favorite Teams: Notre Dame
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: On the Operation Sports site

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?

I first played NCAA 09's OD, we had a great league that lasted from the release of 09 til 10. Think we had at least 6 seasons, I won it all one year and lost in the championship another, was usually in the hunt for a BCS game. Skipped NCAA 10 because I was supposed to be out of the country. Am the commish of an OD since the release of 11, we're almost done with season 4.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?

I started out with the NES when I was probably 7 or so. Probably played 1000 seasons worth of Tecmo Super Bowl :). Then I went to Genesis (Sports Talk Football FTW), N64, Dreamcast (NFL 2k was incredible for its time), then Xbox and now 360. So at least 20 years of gaming. Been online since the Dreamcast and Xbox, so probably about 10 years.

3. What type of player would you say you are?

I try to be as sim and realistic as possible. I try to play fair and am not a quitter (DNF % in ranked games NCAA is 1%, haven't seen any lower and that was 1 time due to power outage). I am dedicated and do my part to make the league better. I like to keep things moving in games, I know what to do and how to play and don't drag things out. I have a very high speed cable connection that never disconnects on me.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?

I'm right in that range, and that's what drew me to this site. Sick of the quitters, whiners and poor sports that I've had to cycle through my league just trying to keep it full. Want to deal with grown ups.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?

Yes, everything looks great as far as I can tell.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.

I'm a small town Iowa guy, grew up following Notre Dame thanks to my grandpa. Huge fan, follow them year round and subscribe to a few ND recruiting sites (ESPN's affiliate and Rivals). I have been married a year and a half, we have a beautiful 4 month old daughter. The wife doesn't understand my gaming, but is cool and let's me do what I gotta do, within reason of course :). I have a busy schedule so I want my games to be worthwhile and fun when I take the time to play them. I have my Masters in Public Administration and work in economic development. Anything else people would like to know just ask.

7. How active do you plan on becoming with the TF community?

My goal with TF is to be active in whatever dynasty I am with. I don't necessarily have the time to be super involved with the site itself, but I am very dedicated to the league I am a part of. If I need to help out or keep things active around here I will do what I can to help in that area as well.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TF?

The best NCAA football dynasty experience I can. I want to maximize my time with the game. I'd also like to get with a core group of guys that feel the same way and do not quit, cheat, or do anything else to ruin the integrity of the game and my enjoyment of it.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?

In that situation I would first call that guy out on it and try to resolve the issue between us. If he doesn't respond or denies it, I'd bring it up to the commish of our league and see how he wants to move forward. I'd present exactly what happened, how it broke the rules and the conversation I had with the guy doing it.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TF? Have you seen anything that you want to be a part of?

I haven't had a chance to do that yet, but I am open to anything. Preferably a league with a spot of ND, it's just easier to enjoy the game when I'm the team I care about.

3. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Feb 10, 2009
    Featured Threads:

Application approved. Welcome to TF!