Approved New Member: seaplus

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Nov 30, 2012.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Feb 28, 2011
    Welcome seaplus,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here:

TSO Staff
  2. seaplus

seaplus Walk On

Nov 30, 2012
    Name: Michael
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): (PSN) japan_paxton
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: (skype) michael.brett.walker
    Time Zone: EST
    General Availability for User vs User games: Right now i am available pretty much anytime, as I am unemployed. I will be relocating soon and hope to find a job after that. when/if that (hopefully) happens, I will update my availability.
    Favorite Teams: NC State Wolfpack, Carolina Panthers, Manchester City Football Club
    How did you hear about Tradition Sports: VSN

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where? Recently, I participated in VSN's FIFA League. It was unsuccessful and quickly died. However, I was one of the more active participants.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online? I have been playing video games for about 20 years. My earliest memory is playing some low-tech computer game in the early 90s (I believe I was in kindergarten?). My earliest memory of playing a sports game is NFL Blitz 2000 on the N64. I started playing Madden in 2004 and stopped in 2008, when I started playing FIFA. I stopped playing FIFA last year but have since gotten back into it. I have also considered buying Madden and getting back into that as well.

3. What type of player would you say you are? In FIFA, possession/build-up; in Madden, West Coast offense and zone blitzing defense.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age? I am indifferent to the actual age range numbers. I believe I can get along with a wide variety of personality types and maturity levels.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns? I have read the general and FIFA rules. I have no questions right now, though I am going to look around here more to better understand the content requirement.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time. I came to this site because I considered leaving the site before VSN's FIFA league started . Now that it has failed, I am making the same consideration. More about me personally ... I (will) have 2 master degrees in business, have lived in Eastern NC most of my life, Inglorious Bastards is my favorite movie, Shades of Grey by Jasper Fforde is my favorite book, Game of Thrones is my favorite TV series, I love redheads, and I will try to keep my disdain for UNC-Chape Hill and Man United in check.

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community? I don't know yet. I'd like to consistently provide fun/creative content with the leagues I may be involved with ... but I plan on easing into the site and taking a more observing role at first to better understand how I would like to contribute. I can tell you that I am open-minded to backgrounds, beliefs, values, and customs and find video games more enjoyable when played with like-minded people.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO? Have more fun playing video games.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation? I would pause the game, message my opponent about the issue to see if it can be resolved, continue playing, take photos/videos of rules being broken, and if I could not resolve the issue with the player I would report the situation to the league's commissioner.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup? I am interested in the Tradition Futbol Serie (PS3 FIFA League), the Real-Life Recreation League, and the PS3 FIFA Club team ... though that seems to have gone quiet. I would prefer the Futbol Serie league setup.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. seaplus

seaplus Walk On

Nov 30, 2012
    To add more for the 3rd question ... when playing league matches, I prefer to not use my headset. I get distracted with the conversation and my play suffers. I do , however, have no problem playing friendlies using a headset. But expect me to blame any friendly losses on being distracted :rolleyes:
  4. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Feb 9, 2009
    Featured Threads:
    Application Approved.
    • Like Like x 1