New member.... simsportsgamer

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by simsportsgamer, Jun 29, 2010.

1. simsportsgamer

simsportsgamer Banned

New member.... simsportsgamer

Name: Jeff Jones
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): Both are simsportsgamer

Email: simsportsgamer@gmail.com
    AIM: simsportsgamer
    Time Zone: Central
    General Availability: With a couple of babies at home (Almost 2 years and a 3 month old!!) I play mostly evenings after 7 until around midnight. Weekends are very open though!! My wife actually encourages this hobby!!
    Favorite Teams: NCAA Football: Nebraska (I'm from Lincoln) Kansas City Royals for MLB, and Timberwolves in the Association
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: Various websites...operationsports.com, vsn network, pastapadre.com

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online? My brother and I would keep stats in a notebook during our RBI Baseball and 10 Yard Fight Days on the NES!! I would say I have been enjoying sim online gaming for the past 5 or 6 years. I have played in may online leagues in NCAA, Madden, and The Show. I am very excited to find your community though due to the slant towards fun competition rather than a win at all costs mentality.

3. What type of player would you say you are? I like to play the games as they are played in real life. I respect and follow league rules that are laid out, play competitively, and always enjoy these unbelievable games that we have these days.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age? Hopefully, I fit right in with the community. I am very excited to find out.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns? I have and I have no questions at this time. I love the way the site is laid out.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time. I hope I'm around a long time also. I have been married going on 4 years now and my wife and I both love sports. She doesn't have the same passion I do towards sports video games, but I guess a guy can't have everything huh? We have 2 girls under the age of two that are our pride and joy. I love my family. I love sports, And I love playing sport video games online with like-minded individuals who play the same sim style as I do.

7. How active do you plan on becoming with the TF community? Very. I do hope one day to run or commish my own league. Have some freedom at my job where I can become involved daily, and then be online at night for my league games.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TF? Meet a lot of new people from all around the country. Become a part of some leagues where we are sharing in healthy, fun, competition where I can't wait to get to my next game... win, lose, or draw.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation? Communicate in game about the violation that just took place and try to work it out that way. If the problem persists or becomes worse, finish the game, and hen report my interpreted violation to my commish via PM, not on the public forum..

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TF? Have you seen anything that you want to be a part of? Briefly......That's where I am heading after finishing this...Hopefully, I can get involved in an MLB league or NCAA11 league soon!!

Thank you guys for the opportunity and a huge thank you to the creators of this site and community. Well done gentlemen!!

2. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Great app man. Welcome

3. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Application Approved. Great App Jeff, Welcome to TF. Feel free to ask me any questions about MLB The Show or PS3 Madden/NCAA leagues.

4. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

With a name like simsportsgamer, you certainly set the bar high. Welcome and best of luck!

5. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Your wife ENCOURAGES you playing video games on the weekend?!

...does she have a younger sister? :p

6. simsportsgamer

simsportsgamer Banned

She does not, unfortunately...lol. She honestly does encourage me to keep up my hobby, not as much as she encourages me to mow the yard, but nevertheless......

7. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

haha mine is the same way, she knows that if she will let me game she can own me with the "honey to do list"

8. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Emm you need to tell her whose boss!! Make sure that pimp hand is strong...
    Hey Sim not familiar with Husker football so who is that dude? in your avatar. Thats not how you dress up for Saturdays in the fall is it?

9. simsportsgamer

simsportsgamer Banned

That is NOT how I dress on saturdays in the fall....we already have enough of that type of stereotype walking around!! In terms of who the dude is, I truly don't know....Looks like about 76,000 in Lincoln on game days!!