New Member: SkillzKillz719

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Jul 15, 2011.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Feb 28, 2011
    Welcome SkillzKillz719,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here:

TSO Staff
  2. SkillzKillz719

SkillzKillz719 Walk On

Jul 15, 2011
    Name: Austin Behrends
    Gamertag: (XBOX 360) SkillzKillz719
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: (AIM) MrAwesomeAustin
    Time Zone: Pacific
    General Availability for User vs User games: 7-11 pm.
    Favorite Teams: PAC-12, Oregon State.
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: Operation Sports.

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?

No I actually haven't, but after neglecting Online Dynasty for 3 straight years I figured why not try it this year. Also, it would add better competition and longevity to the game.
    This is the first Online Dynasty of any kind I've done.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?
    I've been playing video games since about 2002. I think NCAA Football 2003 w/Joey Harrington on the cover was my first NCAA game. I've always loved these games. I think I've played games in almost every sports
    category. Even Arena Football! I liked that game on the PS2.
    I've played online since NCAA Football 09.

3. What type of player would you say you are?
    I'm a sim player. My defense is generally lacking when I play online (that may be due to money plays or exploits, but either way it's pretty average), but I make up for it with my offense... I think. I don't cheese or glitch. If there's any real knock on me it'd be that I have a tendency to "run it up" late in the game. By that I mean not adjusting my gameplan. If it's 44-17 with 5 minutes to go when I play against the CPU, I usually just go on auto pilot mode and keep doing what I'm doing. But its so easily correctable, and I would stop if they wouldn't allow it.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?
    I like that generally people that age, playing this game, wanting to join an online dynasty here, are sim gamers for the most part. I'm 17, but my age shouldn't affect anything. I can use a mic when I play, but I try to avoid it because of preconceived notions about my age and tone of voice. When I play against some one who's about 19, they'll want to talk trash all day. And if I play some who's 30-35, they'll think I'm just another dumb cheeser. So I dunno. I try to avoid it when I can, but for the sake of keeping the Dynasty alive and well I could use a mic.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?
    Yes I did. They're all fair enough and actually quite a few of them bug me when I play people online and they do that. Basically what I took out of it was... use good judgement. And very little pre-snap movement.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.
    Well I'll be a senior next year. I used to play football, basketball, and golf. But now it's only golf. I quit football after my freshman year. I played QB so I think that's why I like offense a lot more. Although I was pretty average at it in real life.. I think our team was like 4-6 that year or something haha. I quit basketball after freshman year as well. I played PG and we stunk. 5-17 I wanna say. Haha! Nevertheless I don't need to explain why I like playing these video games rather than real life. I'm pretty short. 5'8". I think that's why I quit mostly. Anyways. I have a summer job right now and it's 5 days a week, but usually only about 2-3 hours long. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to maintain the job and school exactly next year... but I'll figure it out. I always make time to game, and have fun. I've had a girlfriend for 2 years as of next Tuesday so I'm pretty happy about that. I used to take pretty tough classes, but this year I toned it down a little. And that's about all you need to know. I'd be surprised if anyone actually reads down this far. If you did, you should congratulate yourself!

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community?
    I think initially people will be like "Oh... he's 17..." but I could hold my own against anyone in any sort of sports knowledge thing. And I've been playing this series for years. I don't mean that in any sort of I'm-better-than-you-because-I-can-do-this way, but I guess what I'm trying to say is that you shouldn't underestimate me. The only way to prove that is to let my attitude and play do the talking huh? Sounds fine to me.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO?
    To be in long, fun, sim style online dynasties. Also a really good way to stay connected with people in the forums.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?
    Clearly? Well. In that case I'd confront him about it and warn him not to do it again. I wouldn't go straight to the Commish, because I hate tattle tales, but if keeps doing it then I'd have to because we're all here to play a sim style game and to have fun. If they clearly broke rules many times then maybe they need to find another league. But to answer the question again, I'd confront the person who broke the rules, and tell him to not do it again. In a very respectful way as well.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup?
    As of right now I see the league "Boys of Fall" for NCAA 12 and that seems like a very nice dynasty. Also they haven't started yet. I don't want to wait too long and miss out when all the dynasties are starting.
  3. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Jul 14, 2009
    Good application Austin. Welcome to TSO SkillzKillz719

Since your a new young guy do me a favor and watch this video on gameplay for the site please sir. Welcome to TSO man