New Member: slow elk

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Feb 17, 2012.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Feb 28, 2011
    Welcome slow elk,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here:

TSO Staff
  2. slow elk

slow elk Walk On

Feb 17, 2012
    Name: Paul Newman
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): slow elk (I only play on the 360)
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: I do not have any of these
    Time Zone: EST
    General Availability for User vs User games: any night after 9pm EST
    Favorite Teams: NFL: Packers, NHL: Caps (home team) and Devils, NBA: Wizards, MLB: Braves, (and Redsox just because of my hate for the Yanks).
    How did you hear about Tradition Sports: I googled "vetting in NBA 2k12" to find out what it was and popped by this site.

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?
    I have participated in many leagues spanning over many different websites. Most of the online leagues I have been in were at,, and just recently I have played in just about every sport league there is and I am currently in 2 madden leagues and 2 NBA2k12 leagues.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?
    Have been playing since the Commodore, Atari, and Original Nintendo.....a long time. First started playing online in high school/college (roughly late 90's)
    3. What type of player would you say you are?
    Sim, Sim, Sim
    4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?
    I'm roughly the same age; I'm married, have a 6 year old daughter and a 8 month old son.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?
    Good stuff, read and understood.
    6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.
    I've played just about every sport there is all through my younger years. Now, I am much older, married w/ kids and since I don't get out much anymore, I like to hop on the 360 and game with friends and make new ones. I hope the other members around here are the same.

I still play both co-ed and men's softball (spring-fall) and at least 1 season of inline hockey every year (mostly winter-spring since the youngest was born).

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community?
    I'm new here, and if I like what I see, and you the same, I will petition to join a league later on down the line. For now, I'll just peruse the forums and make contributions where I can.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO?
    I stumbled across this website trying to figure out what the "vetting" period is in NBA 2k12. The site looks amazing and well thought out. I was not trying to find another online gaming site, but this site looked so amazing, I thought I would join. I am unsure whether I will attempt to join any leagues here soon, but I could see myself playing in one or two down the line. I'll continue to view the forums and try to contribute thoughtful, or helpful posts when/where I can. If I like what I see and the way the members handle themselves, I may petition to join a league.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?
    Finish out the game; if it was obvious the person was deliberately using a cheat or glitch, send the commissioner a PM about it, detailing the entire event.
    10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup?
    I haven't looked around that much yet....but plan to. The site looks wonderful.
  3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Feb 9, 2009
    Featured Threads:
    Application approved. Welcome to TSO Paul.
  4. slow elk

slow elk Walk On

Feb 17, 2012