New Member-smace767

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by smace767, Jun 29, 2009.

1. smace767

smace767 Walk On

New Member-smace767

Name:Stephen McCormick
    Gamertag (please state whether its PS or XBOX):pSN-smace767
    Email:smace767@yahoo.com
    AIM:N/A
    Time Zone:pacific / moving to central time zone in Sept
    General Availability:6 pm Est( 3 pm pacific) to 2 am eastern(11 pm pacific) until oct 10 then 7 pm eastern until midnight
    Favorite NCAA Team: Oklahoma, Uconn
    How did you hear about Tradition Football:The dynasty moved here

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? NCAA leagues? Where?
    Yes. I was in up to 8 different dynasties 6 of which lasted at least 4 full seasons. Most were initially started off of the the Gamespot / gamefaq board. and the core group of guys started psn msging invites to dynasties from there.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?
    Since Atari in 1981. 2005 was my first online experience.

3. What type of player would you say you are?
    Simply a football player. I base my decisions and play calls on what a football coach with the talent of the team i'm using, would do.
    On offense i try to get my play makers the ball. On defense i try to match my opponents packages and manage/ hide my mismatches. Contain the big play.

I hate the way guys throw out the "sim" player tag. "sim means to recreate real life. Tim Tebow could be called unsim by alot of guys, but he's a real person. Les Miles is an aggressive coach, goes on 4th down a lot, but he would be called cheese by some people.
    Florida, Mizzou, Oklahoma, Texas, Ohio ST, West Virginia all could be called cheese or un sim because they take advantage of weaknesses with no huddle and screens and QB running plays.
    Of the 413 games i played in online dynasties in NCAA 09, The only thing i felt i couldn't defend with the right play call and proper talent level, was user comebacks / rocket catches and the delayed throw to a crossing WR.
    Mid Tenn ST has a 91 spd qb and a 95 spd RB and I beat a user who used those guys and that team in a cheese fashion(screens, scrambles, rollouts), 52 to 13( forced over 5 turnovers using Louisiana, Monroe).
    Its scheme and play calling and user control or management of glitch weaknesses.
    Not saying that i can't be beat or anything like that. I'm saying there are things i can do, even in NCAA09 to stop QB runs, Options and screen passes, besides calling the other player a cheese player. If i can't stop it, it might be because the other team was just better than my team, just like Washington couldn't stop USC in real life.
    I don't like playing guys who no huddle all game, Who user catch or go on 4th down all game. I don't like guys who hide speed in strange positions, but that is what teams do in real life. Its my job to look at his roster and know the numbers of his +90 speed players.
    But It feels even better to beat guys that try to exploit glitches. You can feel their frustration through the TV as you contain what works so well vs the computer.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?
    I think age has little to do with the quality of a player. I think its a persons football knowledge that affects the community / dynasties the most. More young guys tend to be casual players and tend to play a more cheese / aggressive style because they like offense and play for fun.

I think a really affective screening is to ask a football question based on a scenario. Ask a guy what team he likes to play with and why.
    Ask a guy what would he do on 4 and 3 from his own 45 yd line in the second qrt, down 7 points against FSU. And what play would he call. That will give you the answers on the quality of a player. I have seen young guys 19-20 who think a great game of football and i have seen the 33 year old cheese player.

5. Have you read the rules and general game play guidelines? Any questions or concerns?
    Yes i have read them and i have no questions.

6. Have you checked out the different leagues? Have you seen anything that you want to be a part of? This will aid us in placing you.
    I am in the Cream of the Crop dynasty already and i will be using Alabama.

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Approved.

Thanks for finally getting this up.