New Member: SpartyUp

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Jul 7, 2011.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Feb 28, 2011
    Welcome SpartyUp,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here:

TSO Staff
  2. SpartyUp

SpartyUp Walk On

Jul 7, 2011
    Name: Nathan Thomas
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): PSN: SpartyUp XBOX: Sparty It Up
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: I don't IM.
    Time Zone: Eastern
    General Availability for User vs User games: Weekday evenings and nights, anytime on Sundays
    Favorite Teams: MSU, Chicago Bears, Chicago Bulls, ChiSox, Chicago Blackhawks
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: One of my good friends runs a dynasty here, and when he told me he had an opening for '12, I jumped at the opportunity.

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where? I have played in multiple NCAA ODs and one Madden league with friends and on Operationsports for the PS3.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online? I've been playing video games since grade-school, so about 13-14 years or so. I've been playing online here and there for the past 4 years.

3. What type of player would you say you are? I would say I'm an average skilled sim-style sports gamer. I like to win as much as the next person, but I don't get upset if I lose. There are more important things in life than video games.
    4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age? I really don't have any trouble getting along with people. Whether it's people I know or people I don't, I try to avoid conflict and feel I am easy to get along with. I welcome the opportunity to meet and communicate with like-minded people of all ages.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns? Yes I have. I agree with them and have no questions.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.

Well, I am entering my Senior year at Michigan State University this fall, studying Communications. I am a pretty big sports fan and I love the Chicago teams as well as MSU. I go to all home hoops and football games in East Lansing every year and usually attend 1 or 2 of the better away games with my friends as well. I grew up in Western Michigan and was a three-sport athlete while in high school. I was a pretty decent halfback and corner in high school, but just wasn't big enough to take my playing career to the next level.​

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community? I feel like I will fit in well here. Like I said I am good friends with the commisioner of Any Given Saturday and I know what he expects from his members. I don't foresee there being any problems going forward.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO?

I really hope to be able to interact with many other like-minded sports gamers, and be able to participate in a great Online Dynasty. I also like and buy Fifa, NBA, and Madden usually and may look into another league here in the near future.​

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?

I would probably let it slide the first time. If I see it happen again, I would pause the game and message/chat with the opponent to explain the rule to him. If he broke the rule a third I would tell the commissioner about the whole ordeal after we play the game. I also may tell the commissioner about it if he did it a second time, depending on the offense. If I thought I needed to involve the commish, I would save replays as evidence.​

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup?
    I'm here because it is where my friend's league is for NCAA. Any Given Saturday has one opening, and I want it.
    I only think I can do one OD at a time. However, I may be interested in joining a Madden, Fifa, or NBA 2k league at some point in the future as well.
  3. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Jul 14, 2009
    Application approved SpartyUp

Welcome to TSO man
  4. SpartyUp

SpartyUp Walk On

Jul 7, 2011
    Thanks, much appreciated.

Also, just wanted to say that I like how you guys have this application process here. Keeps out the wrong kind of people.