New Member: Subkontraktor

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by Subkontraktor, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Subkontraktor

Subkontraktor Plays with Knives.

New Member: Subkontraktor

Name: Derek Miller
    Gamertag: XBOX: Subkontraktor
    Email: derek@millercards.net
    AIM: dstang21
    Time Zone: CST
    General Availability: I work from home, and can make time for a game at almost any time.
    Favorite Teams: Kansas City Chiefs, Kansas City Royals, Kansas Jayhawks
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: I've been Googling around for days looking for a good league to play in, finally got here.

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?

I ran a PS2 Madden league a few years ago, and played in a couple others as well.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?

Started with Zelda and Mario before elementary and never stopped. NES, Sega, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, 360. Throw in my girlfriend's WII.... you can have it! I've been online since Dreamcast came out with it for 2K1? Sometime back then.

3. What type of player would you say you are?

Competitively straight. I love the NFL in general and like to play the game similar.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?

That's my age group. I'd prefer to play with older players that respect others.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?

I've read them and am just fine with them. I don't think I break any of those rules on a regular basis, and will certainly play strictly within the guidelines of this community.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.

I design web sites from home, live with my girlfriend and our son. We've got 2 cats and a dog that joined us this past Christmas. I love football, and make a holiday out of every Sunday. I love fantasy and watching my players perform every week. I never miss a Chiefs game and love them more than the NFL itself. I think it's funny to listen to other local fans who are oblivious to the fact that, A) You can't just grow a Peyton Manning out of the ground, it's hard to find a better QB than Matt Cassel, and 2) That there are other talented teams out there, and well the Chiefs do stink a little. I also love the game of Madden not purely due but mostly due to the previous statements about the NFL. I could go on, but I don't want to bore anyone, I type a lot and will surely tell you all way more than you wanted to know if you give me the platform.

7. How active do you plan on becoming with the TF community?

It sounds like the place I've been looking for. I will be a daily (probably 5 times daily) participant.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TF?

Friends, football, fun, and freckles. Hopefully it will be my Madden home for years to come.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?

I'd probably not do much. I may question it to him after the game, but I don't like interrupting the flow of a game. If the opponent does it repeatedly, I'd finish, but let the commisioner know what happened. Of course if there are rules in place on how to handle it, I would follow those.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TF? Have you seen anything that you want to be a part of?

I came in here because of the Smashmouth Football League, but I haven't checked out many of the others. I'm flexible. If my interests have any say on what league I might go to, I'd prefer one or more of the following things: I'd like to be the Chiefs, I'd like to start as early as possible (hopefully take over the team from the start), or I have a few other teams that I wouldn't mind if given a choice.

2. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Hey we have the Texans open in TMFL. Not the Chiefs obviously, but we're starting league play on Wednesday.

3. Subkontraktor

Texans would be fun. I'm willing to join, let me know what I need to do. I'll look around meanwhile at the league.

4. HotRod

Featured Threads:
  5. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Also it's your lucky day, the Chiefs owner is willing to switch with you and take the Texans.

6. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Application Approved. Welcome to TF Derek.

7. Subkontraktor

Well, I didn't make it to the actual main page until I woke up this morning. I was not aware about premier league fees. Sorry guys, but I'm a little too broke (until at least Friday) to join a premier league.

I would like to join the SMFL though. I received a PM telling me to go to the role call thread, but I can't post in there yet. Is there some activation needed?