New Member: Swifty9

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Aug 12, 2013.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Welcome Swifty9,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/new-member-applications-new-members-start-here.1162/

TSO Staff

2. Swifty9

Swifty9 Walk On

Name: Swifty (My nickname I go by, don't give out my whole name solely because I'm in the military)
    Gamertag/PSN : MrLou_Ferrigno (Not 100% sure this is accurate, I haven't been online in about a year but I will be back within a day or two) (PS3)
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: aim = N/A (But I am easy to communicate with either on this site or throught text)
    Time Zone: Central
    General Availability for User vs User games: My schedule varies due to my job but I am typically around 6-9 pm on weekdays and flexible on weekends.
    Favorite Teams: Vikings all the way! I'm a Minnesota boy through and through. Timberwolves, Twins and Wild!

How did you hear about Tradition Sports: Google. I was looking for a fun yet serious online Madden league that was well run with good dudes.

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where? Yes, I was a part of a great league called Madden Wars. A fantastic league with a very unique twist to their games and operations Sadly it seems to be pretty much run into the ground these days but I was over there for Madden 04-06.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online? Sega Genesis was my first system along with the original Gameboy. Started playing online in 04 with Madden 04.

3. What type of player would you say you are? I'm fairly intense when it comes to Madden but overall I just look for good competition and sim style play. I won the rookie Madden Challenge back in Madden 06 when I was 16. I was pretty good back in my day but I haven't played much the last couple of years and I want to dust off the ol' sticks again and see if I still got it.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age? I started my first madden league when I was 14ish. I was probably a naive kid back then but I've had plenty of life experience since then so fitting in wouldn't be a problem. Of course I want to win but I won't break the rules to get there. Either I win with a sim style or I get bested by my opponent.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns? Yes, lots of a rules but I like the guidelines they provide.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time: Grew up in Minnesota, went to college in North Dakota. Played a year of college ball before switching over to rugby. Currently in the military and looking to get back into the Madden scene. Skol Vikes!

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community? Assuming the guys here don't make winning their total focus point and want to enjoy the experience too then I am 100% good to go.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO? Meet some cool new guys who have a love for the same game I do.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation? Talk it over with my opponent. If it's a mistake I give them the benefit of the doubt and if it's serious enough I would report to the commish.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup? I have never done an online franchise before so i'm hoping it's just like the offline one. Like I said the Madden Wars setup that I played in was incredibly unique and well run but I'd like to be in a competitive dynasty and if I got the Vikings I'd be stoked. I have yet to check out any other leagues here, I'm more focused on Madden with its release in a couple of weeks.

3. Swifty9

Swifty9 Walk On

Bumpity bump

4. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

Approved.