New Member: Tactical

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Aug 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Welcome Tactical,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/new-member-applications-new-members-start-here.1162/

TSO Staff

2. Tactical

Tactical Walk On

Name: Dylan Kurtz
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): Gamtertag = xMcKx Havoc
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: N/A
    Time Zone: Eastern
    General Availability for User vs User games: TBA
    Favorite Teams: Hardcore fan of Boston Sports
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: MileHighMessiah

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Madden for 2 years and NBA2K11 at Pastapdre.com

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online? 15 years. 5 years

3. What type of player would you say you are? Play the game like it's how to be played.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age? I think that's a great average. Don't think I've seen as big as a community as this with that average age of people. I preferably like to play with people older as well, because younger people tend to come with more drama and at times show their age online.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns? Yes. Not at the time.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time. Movie Critic, TV addict. Pretty good at the game of basketball...

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community?

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO? Being in great leagues with great people.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation? Try to contact the GM, and see where we go from there.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup? Pushing for Pasedena, The Misfits.​

3. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Missed one question. Can you please fill out? Thanks man

4. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I have heard some not all flattering things about your rep on Pastapadre. But it is all hearsay, I wanted your take on that? Completely off base, or could you address it?

Thanks

5. Tactical

Tactical Walk On

Sorry. Trying to make the best out of the leagues, I can fortunately get in.

6. Tactical

Tactical Walk On

Can you be more specific?

Thanks

7. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Thats about as specific as I can get... I have just heard you have a bad rep overall at pastapadre, or that there have been incidents. I am not accusing as I dont personally know, I was just going to give you the opportunity now to address any of those concerns,give your side of a story if there is one, or that the perception is completely off base and there are no issues... The fact that you cited PastaPadre as a previous league home and that you have apparently left them, leads me to believe there is some fire with the smoke, but wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt and the chance to set any record straight from the get go, if you know what I mean?

8. Tactical

Tactical Walk On

I can't really give you anything with another vague response. I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. Who's your source?

FYI: PP isn't so much as a league forum as this one, or others like it. It's more of a involved discussion about sports and pop culture.

9. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    What J is trying to suggest nicely is that your reputation is that you are argumentative, and he wants to know if that is going to be the case here.

10. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Oh I am aware of PastaPadre's site... But you did state you participated in leagues over there correct? And peoples online reputation follows them everywhere... What I heard coule be way off base, I was wanting to see your response or opinion about it.

11. MileHighMessiah

MileHighMessiah Walk On

I don't know if you would take my word for it, but I was in numerous leagues with him over at PP. Mostly Madden and NBA 2k. He is a sim player and is an active member all the leagues he has been involved with. Honestly, I don't know why somebody would say something bad about Tactical. I recommended him to this website, but if I can be unbiased here for a second, I believe that what you heard was completely off base. I have been playing with him for years and have never had a bad experience. Again, you probably want his take, but that is mine.

12. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Who are you?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Tactical

Tactical Walk On

Again, I can't give you a response or an opinion about until I can hear a specific incident that I was possibly in.

To Shaun Mason: If he does mean I am "argumentative", I think everyone can/has the right to argue when you're provoked or have the right reasons against un-SIM opponents.

I know you don't want to give up who told you this...but could it be possible he has a personal vendetta against me?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Tactical

Tactical Walk On

I'd like to hear from David or anyone else that has heard negative things about me. Mustang, are you like a scout or something? What is/was your name on PP?

• Like Like x 2
  15. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Why do you want to hear from David? I am one of a few who approves apps along with David and Keller and the admins, so we ask these sorts of questions...

There is no real source bud, reputations don't always have direct sources.

You state you have no idea about any misgivings which is fine, but all you do is answer my questions with more questions. You also responded to Shaun here with what looks like some specific reference, so maybe you know more than you are letting on?

My questions weren't so much trying to elicit the truth of events but to see your response and attitude about being asked basically harmless questions. If you knew of an instance that might not look good you could have easily said: "ya this happened and here is my story, or ya this happened but I made a mistake' or if not an easy "I thought my reputation was great there, this is news to me' and you would've had the benefit of the doubt. As it is, in my mind you are backing up suspicions about your perceived rep over there. Attitude and mind set I think is one of the most important factors for being a good member here. Everyone has made some bonehead move before on the internet, and we move along.

What leagues/games would you be looking to join?

As it stands now, I am not inclined to give an approval. If I am being too harsh, maybe another app approver or admin will do it, but thats up to them...

16. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    No Tactical, you don't have the "right" to argue. Publicly lashing out at people is not the way we do things here at TSO.

What we were looking for here was maturity...being evasive isn't a sign of maturity.

17. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  18. Iron Mickey

I haven't heard nothing about ya man. I dont know you bro, and I do not go to PP

• Like Like x 1
  19. Tactical

Tactical Walk On

Now you're just putting words in my mouth. I'm pretty sure I do have the right to argue something that a person has accused me of doing in a game, etc. Publicly lashing out, did I say that?

To Mustang: I'm not your bud. I'd like to know if you accuse other applicants without giving them any evidence. I could have said something along the lines of "this is news to me" but when someone accuses me of something, I like to get to the bottom of it. Not saying you're lying, but it's not looking too good.

PS: RynoAid, that is the worst popcorn GIF I've ever seen.

20. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

lol at your chances of joining now... I am glad something like this came up now during an app instead of down the line while you were a member of some league. This is a perfect example of why we ask these questions and have an application process.

I had said at the beginning I wasn't accusing you of anything, but just wanted you to comment on rumors I have heard. You failed to do that and showed a bad attitude. Why would I single you out and make up something and lie? And why would I really care if I have your approval on if you think I am lying or not anyway?

That question is rhetorical and I am not really looking for a response from you as this is the last I will say in regards to this app. Good riddance and goodluck to whichever league site you call home next.

21. Iron Mickey

Chill out man or you're gonna be on a quick route out of here man

[​IMG]

22. Tactical

Tactical Walk On

I wasn't intending to stay anywhere close to this site after your second post. You with, the "bud" line... and another random member coming to post a GIF.

Stay Classy TSO...

• Like Like x 1
  23. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Bud is definitely an offensive term.

and that random member with the GIF is the site owner...
    If you didnt want to stay anywhere close to here, why even bother wasting your time?

Also to note, about 95% of applicants get approved...

24. Tactical

Tactical Walk On

RynoAid, dumbass.

I wanted to see if you were man enough to tell me what the hell you mean, instead of sugar coating it.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

We stayed classy by denying you

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.