New Member: TheCrumbIsHere(360)

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TheCrumbIsHere, Jun 5, 2010.

1. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

New Member: TheCrumbIsHere(360)

Name: Kevin McCrumb
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): TheCrumbIsHere (XBOX)
    Email: kevin.mccrumb@gmail.com
    AIM: KMcCrumb
    Time Zone: Eastern
    General Availability: Most evenings, generally weekends as well.
    Favorite Teams: Eastern Michigan, University of Michigan (being from Ann Arbor and having attended EMU, these two are quite obvious). In terms of teams to play as though, I'm pretty much game to play as just about anyone except for Ohio State or WMU or CMU. :)

How did you hear about Tradition Football:
    Primarily through Operation Sports. I also immensely enjoyed reading all of the different dynasty posts and just the great commodorie that was developed in each of htese leagues.

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?
    I have never had the opportunity to play in any online sports leagues. I have always been a huge sports gaming fan from a very young age but never could find a good fit of a community for myself to join. I have done some offline leagues with friends and family in the past but I would like to begin to expand my horizons a bit further.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?
    Considering the fact that my father is a software engineer, I've been on a computer since I was about five years old. As I implied above, have played many of the different sports gaming series, including having owned every PC version of the NHL Hockey series since I believe it was 1994. Online, my primary experience has come through playing Real Time Strategy Games such as StarCraft. I have experience in hosting tournaments and many different competitions in SC through a couple of different websites in that particular community.

3. What type of player would you say you are?
    Definitely more of a coach-oriented player than a sticks oriented player. I'm definitely one of those players that is going to be trying to out think you instead of trying to find each of the glitches in the game and exploit them.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?

A couple years younger, no problem. I'm a teacher, so therefore I'll be grateful for the more mature crowd. :)

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?
    No questions or concerns at all. I'll follow the rules to the best of my abilities.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.

I grew up in Ann Arbor, Michigan as a huge sports fan especially in football and hockey. I attended Eastern Michigan University in pursuit of my teaching degree which I successfully completed two years ago. Currently, I'm living in Louisville, Kentucky where I will be beginning my second year of teaching in the fall. Beyond that, I average about 125-130 WPM keyboarding and have an affinity with card and board games.

7. How active do you plan on becoming with the TF community?
    If I am in a league, I plan on doing what I can to be active with that particular community and the community as a whole.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TF?
    Simply put, I hope that TF can fill that void of giving me a sports gaming community that I can truly feel a part of..

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?

Tough call. To me, it would depend a lot on the severity of the rule that was broken. I'm not going to be one of those people that are extremely anal about rule intricies as long as they don't ruin the overall experience. Vice versa, if I was breaking a rule, I'd just like to be informed of it so I can fix whatever mistakes that I have made.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TF? Have you seen anything that you want to be a part of?

I have. I'm looking for a 2011 league. Ideally I would like to join a mid-major league or an all-conference league where I would take one of the more minor powers. I've never been a gigantic fan of leagues where each person takes one of the NCAA Superpowers. I'd prefer the challenge of building something up. Just for the record, I've done my own personal dynasties in recent history with teams like New Mexico State, EMU and Northwestern. :)

2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Somebody approve this!! We need more Michigan fans on this board, lol.

Welcome to TF

3. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    application approved.

You will see more 2011 leagues start opening here soon. Just keep your eyes open in the next few weeks.

4. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

Excellent. Thanks for the approval. I look forward to taking part in the coming weeks.

5. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

I'm quite sure that you'll find a league that has mid majors building up. Climb The Ladder is doing just that next season, though I'm pretty sure we're all full up for next season but you can always put your name on the waiting list while you wait for something else to open up.

6. ociu

ociu Hoosier for Life.

Kevin,
    I think you'd be a perfect fit for The Cradle. Not only are we a league focused on building the smaller schools up (the starter leagues are the MAC and the CUSA, so you can coach Eastern Michigan if you want), but as you're a Michigan fan, you might be interested in our coaching change system, the Cradle Buzz System. It rewards MAC coaches who have solid coaching resumes with Big 10 jobs (and CUSA coaches with ACC jobs), and I'm sure you'd eventually like to build your way up as a coach to following Bo's footsteps in the Maize and Blue.

We'd love to have you. Give me a PM or check out our forums if you're wanting further information.