New Member: thefans455

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Jul 15, 2011.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Welcome thefans455,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/new-member-applications-new-members-start-here.1162/

TSO Staff

2. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

My name is Derrick Nixon..
    I am 22 years old
    & my GT is thefans455 (XBOX)

I little about me,
    I live in Northwest Ohio (Eastern Time) and am available for UvU games from 6pm-11pm each week night and almost anytime during the weekend if I know in advance. I have been involved in Tradition Football before, I'm not quite sure but I believe it was the 10' version of NCAA (with my GT at the time being either dnixon5 or Trine Thunder) and I regret having to leave it. I was overwhelmed with school at the time and now I'm ready to join back in with my recently completely Bachelor's degree in hand! Well as far as gaming goes I have only been involved in NCAA online leagues. I was a member of the Old Fellas Football League and absolutely loved it, and I was probably their youngest member. I also play some dynasties with my friends every year. Other than that I play COD and most of the other sports games that come out if I can afford it at the time. I started playing back in day care where we had a NES causing Duck Hunt and Killer Instinct to become a couple of my all-time favorities along with Crash Bandicoot, Mario Tennis, and 007 Goldeneye.

I see myself as a recreational gamer. I am here to enjoy my gaming time by being with others who care about having a prestigious league and relish in the interactive community environment. I work construction during the day and I view my gaming time as a leisure activity that is an active part of my spare time. I'm not going to be one that lives on having to win every game. I don't care I just want to play and be competitive.

My favorite teams are:
    Cleveland Indians (hence the GT, those were some good days for the Tribe!) :cool:
    The Ohio State Buckeyes
    Sacramento Kings
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    ..Don't question the odd collection there^ lol

As for the situation, I would remind my opponent of the rule and let them know if it happens again I will have to report it. And if it happens the second time I will report it in the forums here. I would hope someone would do the same for me.

As for the leagues here I am interested in Overdrive
    Aside from that I enjoy working my way up the coaching ladder as well

I have read the rules and agree with them. Glad to see rule O.8.0 as I find myself on the wrong end more often than not lol

3. Darkwing

While browsing the site I saw a name I remember...my experience here in the past was in a dynasty with Big Suge Knight

4. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Can you please fill out the TSO app in the fashion it was designed please?

Thanks man

5. Darkwing

Name: Derrick Nixon
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): (XBOX)
    Time Zone: Eastern
    General Availability for User vs User games: 6-11pm Week Nights; Anytime Weekends
    Favorite Teams: NCAA: Ohio State, WVU..MLB: Cleveland Indians..NFL: Jacksonville Jaguars..NBA: Sacramento Kings
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: Played here in the past

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where? Yes. NCAA, I play with friends every year and I played here I think 2 years ago with Big Suge Knight, JCSpartan, and Drifterbub. I have also played in The Old Fellas Football League

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online? Since I was 5 or 6. I started with NES. I've been playing online since the 360 came out though I've only ever played NCAA Football, Halo, & COD online.

3. What type of player would you say you are? I see myself as a recreational gamer. I work construction during the day and I view my gaming time as a leisure activity that is an active part of my spare time. I'm not going to be one that lives on having to win every game. I don't care I just want to play and be competitive.
    4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age? I don't see much of a difference, age is a number and maturity doesn't depend on it. I have played with and enjoyed a good relationship with guys older in the Old Fellas League.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns? Yes, grateful to have the mercy rule

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time. My Gamertag was previously dnixon5 or Trine Thunder, so if anyone here remembers me it's probably by one of those names. I had to quit before due to school overtaking my time and it was worth it as I just finished up my Bachelor's Degree so now I'm ready to join the rest of you and get a career. But I did miss this place and only wanted to return when I knew I could stay around for a long time.

Outside of gaming I enjoy playing sports except soccer and hockey, going to Indy to visit my woman when I can, and relaxing/jet skiing up at my family cottage on the lake in Michigan.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO? I am here to enjoy my gaming time by being with others who care about having a prestigious league and relish in the interactive community environment.
    9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation? I would remind my opponent of the rule and let them know if it happens again I will have to report it. And if it happens the second time I will report it in the forums here. I would hope someone would do the same for me.
    10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup? As for the leagues here I am interested in Overdrive and Coast 2 Coast.
    Aside from that I enjoy working my way up the coaching ladder, or having custom conferences. The only thing I don't really like is TeamBuilder.

6. Darkwing

My bad it's late and I can't edit the message above..
    My Gamertag is thefans455

7. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

8. Darkwing

Thanks man