Approved New Member: TheGreatCV

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Jul 15, 2012.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Welcome TheGreatCV,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/new-member-applications-new-members-start-here.1162/

TSO Staff

2. TheGreatCV

TheGreatCV Walk On

Name: Carlos
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): TheGreatCV (XBOX)
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: thegreatcv@yahoo.com (YIM but I don't usually use it...)
    Time Zone: Eastern Time Sone
    General Availability for User vs User games: Weekday evenings, and any time during the weekends
    Favorite Teams: Chicago Cubs, Orlando Magic, SF 49ers, University of Central Florida, Fulham FC
    How did you hear about Tradition Sports: google search for NCAA online dynasties

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?
    Yes, I played in several online franchises for Madden 11. I had a lot of fun. Unfortunately I was unable to get into Madden 12 becaues I had just gotten hired for a new job. Work has been going great now and I have plenty of free time to get into an active online league this year.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?
    I've been playing video games since I was maybe 8yo back in the NES days. Always played Madden, I think the Madden actually taught me about all the rules in the sport lol. I've been playing on line since the XBOX 360 came out.

3. What type of player would you say you are?
    I'm a competitive player, but I understand its just a video game. I really see online games like Madden and NCAA as "hi-tech chess". Your basically trying to out think an opponent. I never give up when I'm playing a game because I have the mindset, if my opponent can score 21 unanswered points on me, I can do the same to him.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?
    No problem for me. I'll be 27 on July 20 so I'm just about at the average age.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?
    Read all the rules and agree to them all. The rules look identical the online Madden franchises I played in for Madden 11.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.
    I work full time as an investigator in Florida, which means I am usually home by 7:00 PM on weekdays. I have a girlfriend who is cool with me playing XBOX, I guess she looks at it like, if I'm playing video games I'm staying out of trouble haha. I got my BA and Master's degrees in Criminal Justice from the University of Central Florida (UCF). Most of my video game titles are Madden, NCAA and FIFA. When I'm not playing video games, or chilling with my girl friend, I'm either out with some friends, watching netflix, or hitting the gym, oh and work...

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community?
    I'll fit in well. When I was in the Madden 11 online franchises I was all over the forums. The leagues I was in (3 separate leagues) used proboards forums.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO?
    I'm looking for an established group of gamers I can be in leagues with and build some friendly rivalries. From what I'm reading, the gamers at TSO play the game fairly, and in a mature manner that lack in so many of the random raked games. I'm looking for games that are "sim style" and at the end of the game I can send a message to my opponent telling him/her it was a good game, and really mean it.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?
    If its during the run of play, I will either try to call the opponent out on the voice chat, or I'll pause the game and send the opponent a message reminding him of what rule he broke. Lets face it there are a ton of rules and sometimes people forget. If it continues, then I would have to notify the league commish. To prove that an opponent clearly broke a rule, you could save the highlight and upload it to the easportsword servers and share the ling online. Or you can even go into the replay and hold a camera phone and record the incident. Sounds a bit much but I think I made those suggestions in one of the madden leagues I was in where a gamer was accusing another gamer of cheating with nano blitzs. (which he was...)\

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup?
    I actually haven't yet... Just found this site about an hour ago. Checking out the leagues will be my next step once I hit "Post Reply"

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Excellent application Carlos. I think you'll fit in just fine.

Application Approved.

I believe Danthraxxx is starting a new member league.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On