New Member: ThePaw

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by ThePaw, Jun 22, 2010.

1. ThePaw

ThePaw I'm so seasonal it hurts, baby!

Jun 22, 2010
    New Member: ThePaw

Name: Christopher Turner
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX):cuThePaw (Playstation)
    Time Zone:Eastern Time Zone
    General Availability: Anytime
    Favorite Teams: NCAAF: Clemson Tigers, NCAAB: Clemson Tigers, NFL: Panthers, NBA:Nuggets
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: I was browsing OperationSports and I saw Hellisan's Q&A about NCAA. I remember Helli from MM and I looked around and I realized that I would like to join a OD this year.

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?

I sure haven't, but I am a big online player. This will be my first year that I will be able to do so.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?

I have been playing video games my entire life. I would say I started when I was about 8. What got me into video games was a commercial for a power rangers game on tv for the NES I believe. I've been playing online for about two years now.

3. What type of player would you say you are? Definitely SIM when I play against other SIM players. When I have friends over they like to cheese the heck out of me, so I admit I do cheese a bit back at them. I never cheese online though.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?

I like it. I realize i'm definitely a youngin' around here but I believe that I am mature for my age.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?

I sure have. That was the first thing that I did. I do have one question about the Ask Corso feature being banned. Why? I really like to use it on occasion. I realize that one of the reasons may be that you guys require different formations and plays. Just a clarification would be nice. I have no objections to abandoning corso.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.

I am nineteen years old, and I am going back to school in the fall to be a computer technician. I am just a laid back guy, who loves to watch/play sports. Sports is definitely my favorite thing as I can just turn on ESPN and leave it all day.

7. How active do you plan on becoming with the TF community?

Pretty active, I will probably be buying the yearly subscription. I really don't post THAT often. When I do post it's only when I have a clear opinion about something or when a OD will require me too.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TF?

I hope to join a forum where the members are passionate about football and other sports....A nice OD would be nice also :)

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?

I would probably try to capture it using a hightlight of some sort. I would PM the opponent first and ask if he knows what he is doing is against the rules. If it continues I would contact the commish ASAP via private message.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TF? Have you seen anything that you want to be a part of?

I have checked them all out and they all seem to be very decently ran. I usually play NCAA/Madden on the second hardest difficulty (All-American/whateveritisforMadden). If a OD is using Heisman though then I will just have to adjust.
  2. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Jul 14, 2009
    Check out Training Day

Welcome to TF
  3. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Jun 22, 2009
    Welcome to TF Christopher.. Application Approved!

The reason being is that we want formations to be realistic given the game situation (ie not coming out in goaline formation on 1st and 10 from your own 20), and the Ask Corso feature obviously picks a bunch of random plays from all of the formations..

We hope you find yourself more comfortable posting here in the forums. We encourage everyone to give their opinions on all of the random topics discussed at the top of the forums, and we especially want guys posting in their league specific forum (ie Game Summaries, Team News, Injuries, etc..)

We are in the works of getting another PS3 league opened up for some new guys, so hang tight and I will be getting back with you shortly.. Feel free to look around the available ps3 leagues and see if there is any league you would like to be added to the wait list for in the mean time.
  4. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Jul 6, 2009
  5. GSUtiger

Apr 13, 2010
    welcome aboard man