New Member: thoov08

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by thoov08, Oct 24, 2010.

1. thoov08

thoov08 Walk On

Name: Taylor
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): HoovDaddy08 (PS3)
    Email: thoov08@yahoo.com
    AIM: HoovDaddy08 (rarely used)
    Time Zone: Central
    General Availability: Evenings, weekends
    Favorite Teams: University of Oklahoma Sooners, Indy Colts, Dallas Stars, OKC Thunder, Texas Rangers
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: Referred by post on Operation Sports

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?
    NCAA, Madden, NHL, MLB at Xbox Live Sports Leagues and another site many years ago I cannot remember the name of. I have been involved in leagues from 2004 to 2008. I also contributed a weekly report summarizing the happenings of a Madden league for three seasons.

2. How long have you been playing video games?
    How long have you been playing online? I have played games for over 15 years. I have played online since Madden 2003.

3. What type of player would you say you are?
    I am a sim player. I love playing in a realistic manner against other realistic players.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?
    I would consider myself to be very mature and I have been a member of leagues with other mature people. I would be an excellent fit for this community.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?
    Yes I have read them. I do not have questions at this time.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.
    I am from Oklahoma and grew up as a huge Sooner fan. I played many different sports growing up and played golf in college.

7. How active do you plan on becoming with the TF community?
    I would be very active. Throughout the day I am always reading articles on ESPN or random posts on sports message boards. I always like to contribute to great conversations. I plan to be in a NCAA league and probably an NHL league. I like commenting on league happenings and making write-ups on games.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TF?
    Making great connections with a group of people with similar interests as me. I want to spend time playing sports games that I enjoy with people who want to compete in a respectful way.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?
    My first step would be to pause the game and discuss the matter with my opponent and deal with the situation like gentlemen. If for some reason the issues cannot be resolved, I would finish the game and bring in a league supervisor to contact both players to get both sides of the story to make a final decision on how an issue should be resolved.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TF? Have you seen anything that you want to be a part of?
    Yes! I am very excited to join a NCAA online dynasty and an NHL league.

2. thoov08

thoov08 Walk On

I have tried going to the League Description page to look for a NCAA online dynasty to join, but every time I click on one of the leagues to get its description I am taken to a page describing the forums have changed. I click the link it provides me and I am taken to the home page and cannot find any league descriptions.

Can someone please help me fix this issue so I can find something to join?

3. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Welcome to TF Taylor! Application Approved. You should be able to view and post in other forums and threads now.

4. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

I'm pretty sure the only active OU fans on this board, including myself, are in Hard4Yards. We have 2 openings with smaller schools. If small schools isn't your bag, you should stop by and give us a 'Boomer' anyway.

5. thoov08

thoov08 Walk On

Thanks Dirtycash, but I am on the PS3 and it looks like your league is on 360. I would be in for sure if I was on the same console. I appreciate the welcome I have received from this place so far. Hopefully I can find a good fit to get involved in soon!

6. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

When I assume, I make an ass out of u and me. Oh well.

7. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

This guy is legit folks - welcome to the site Hoov.

8. thoov08

thoov08 Walk On

Thanks for the good words. Hopefully I can get back to be as good as I was back then when we played in our old league. Either ways, I am looking forward to competing again in a great community. This place seems like it will be everything I was looking for.