New Member Thread...

Discussion in 'Forum Suggestions' started by kevinmack, Sep 16, 2013.

1. kevinmack

kevinmack Walk On

Maybe you guys talked about this before or not. Just wondering instead of a Link to the instructions, could you just past the Instructions / App when you create the thread for the new user?

its a little cumbersome for some of the old guys that are not on a computer that much. To go to their Thread, then click the link... then read, copy and try to Nav back, paste and answer.

As you see there are a ton of New Users threads and what 80-90%+ dont have a responce by the New User.

Just a suggestion that might help people Nav the site and make it a little eaiser for them.

Cheers

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    A lot of people don't apply for membership. As for the cutting and pasting, etc...we work with the tools we have. If they aren't on the computer that much they are going to struggle here anyway, since it's mandatory.

3. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

Seems like people who do not want to be here to me... We are an inclusive club!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. kevinmack

kevinmack Walk On

I think a lot of ppl are confused they dont take the time to stop and smell the roses. They think since they tried to Register, they should be good to go. We are waiting on a few more guy to get Approved.

One guy said he already created his account, i found him on page 2, he didnt know he had to find the app and paste it.

Hey can we get someone to look in / approve Cowboyearl it wouldnt let him post, so he email and i pasted it for him a few days ago... still no word

5. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Why can't he post? Is he logged in? Is he trying to post in a league forum?

6. kevinmack

kevinmack Walk On

yeah i believe he was logged in, it wouldnt let him post in his thread. So i had him Email me his App and i posted it a few days ago. Thinking once he is approved his account will work.... i dont know.

7. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

Everyone should be approved that went through the proper measures and had a good app.

8. kevinmack

kevinmack Walk On

He couldnt post on there, when i came here i had the same issue, well my thread was created 2 years ago.. and i missed the Application part. A lot of forums you Register and then get an Email to confirm, you dont have to apply.

So he cant post, he emailed me his app, i posted. No response about his App not being good... or about me not allowed to paste his app to the board.

Can we get some help on that please.

Thanks

9. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

Just said he was confirmed..See if he can post now.

10. kevinmack

kevinmack Walk On

cool thanks!

11. kevinmack

kevinmack Walk On

No he cant get it... i had him take a picture and text me i can send it... it sasy on the top Your account is currently awaiting confirmation. Confirmation was sent to earl2sue@xit.net.

Maybe the DOT after the email is the issue? He checked his junk email and hit resend still nothing

12. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    He never confirmed his email address. I changed it, he should be fine now.

krtgolfing, I did this by changing the "User State" field from Awaiting Email Confirmation to Valid.

13. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

Gotcha.. If I see this in the future I will try to remember it.. However, the user should just confirm their e-mail. I am not computer savy and thought it was pretty simple to get registered...

14. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    On occasion they get deleted or whatever.

• Like Like x 1
  15. kevinmack

kevinmack Walk On

Thanks he finally got it!!

16. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

It's been way too long since I registered, but I do agree with Kevin that there seems to be a ton of people that register and never post an app. Has that been the case for the last couple of years, or is it kind of a new problem? I seem to remember more people posting apps after registering than not (albeit more were bad than they are now if I remember right). That said, I don't really have at suggestions to make it easier, so take that with a grain of salt :)