New Member: ticapnews (PS3)

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by ticapnews, Aug 23, 2010.

1. ticapnews

ticapnews Walk On

Aug 23, 2010
    New Member: ticapnews (PS3)

I follow Luvtotha9s on Twitter and found this site. I'm not applying for any leagues yet as I'm still just looking around, and I'm currently in two dynasty leagues already.

For time's sake I'll fill in the application but I am not actively seeking any new leagues at this time.

Name: John
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): USCHO-Priceless PSN
    Email: ticapnews(at)
    Time Zone: Eastern
    General Availability: Almost anytime
    Favorite Teams: Maine, USC, Michigan
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: Luvtotha9s

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?
    Currently in two dynasties for NCAA11.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?
    Been playing video games since the 70's (does anyone remember Pong?:D); played MUD in the 90's online and just started playing console games online.

3. What type of player would you say you are?
    Not entirely sure. I thought I was pretty good but got destroyed in my OD...but I was playing against football coaches, so I'm not sure that's the best judge. Considering I'm just starting the online console thing, I'd guess pretty low on the scale.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?
    I don't have to change any diapers, right?

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?
    So far so good.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.
    In my former life I was a techie for Microsoft and Delorme. It seemed like I lived at my computer terminal, either for work or pleasure. That all changed in Sept 2008 when a CT scan revealed a massive tumor just above my cerebellum. I should have died but I'm still here. The surgery to remove most of the tumor left me with nerve damage on the right side of my face and no hearing in my right ear. I was a righty but I have been forced to do most things with my left hand. I'm now disabled with lots of free time. Instead of doing something constructive with my time, I watch TV and play video games. :p

7. How active do you plan on becoming with the TF community?
    Considering the amount of free time I have, I can see myself becoming very active.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TF?
    Learn new tips and tricks to become a better player. Talk football (and futbol) both real and video.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?
    Track the person down and shoot him? Or would that be an overreaction? Deal with it. If it's a real problem, contact the commissioner. Maybe this should be a forum topic, but is cheating really a problem? It's a game, right?

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TF? Have you seen anything that you want to be a part of?
    Still looking around. I usually lurk a while before I jump in anyway.
  2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Feb 10, 2009
    Featured Threads:
    OMG that is TERRIBLE! Man, I can't imagine losing any sort of coordination in the right side of my body. I can't do anything with my left side (and I mean anything).

Glad you found your way over to the site. Just feel free to jump on any of the opening that are posted in this forum when you are ready to join another league.

Application approved.