New Member: timroy85

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by timroy85, Sep 13, 2010.

1. timroy85

timroy85 Walk On

New Member: timroy85

Name: Tim Roy
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): XBOX Gamertag: timroy85
    Email: timroy85@gmail.com
    AIM: roy2290
    Time Zone: EST
    General Availability: I'm available to play in the evening every weekday until around 1 in the morning and pretty much all day Saturday and Sunday unless out of town attending a sporting event or during a Michigan and Giants game. I love watching sports but will definitely be able to squeeze in a game or two on weekends due to having 2 TV's in the living room (My wife thinks I'm crazy). I can also play during the day on some weekdays.

Favorite Teams:University of Michigan in College, New York Giants in NFL

How did you hear about Tradition Football: In the Operationsports.com Forums.

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?

I have played in NCAA, Madden, NBA 2k and College Hoops leagues. I found most of my leagues on Operationsports forums and a couple on 2ksports forums.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?

I have been playing video games for over 20 years. Had an atari when I was 3 or 4, haha. I've been playing online since the NFL 2k series on Dreamcast.

3. What type of player would you say you are?

I play "sim" in every sports game I play. I always have, even before "sim" became a term on league and dynasty message boards. There's nothing I get more pleasure out of in video games then having a quality sim game that comes down to the wire and it feels like you're watching on TV. Win or lose, I leave the game happy.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?

I'm a little younger than your average age but I'm sure I have the same attitude, level of maturity, etc. as everyone else. I'm easy going, love sports, am married and am "sim" through and through. I have checked out the leagues and some non video game threads and think my personality would fit in really well here.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?

Yes I have, and I don't have any concerns.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.

My name is Tim, I live in Kalamazoo, Michigan. I got married last month to the girl I've been dating since Junior High. I work for the Athletic Department of Kalamazoo College and am obsessed with sports and sports gaming. My other obsession is music. At 25 I have a lot more to accomplish but am very satisfied where my life is.

7. How active do you plan on becoming with the TF community?

Very. Whether it's in my league's board or non-video game football boards, I will be posting often. I love having spirited and intelligent conversations and debates about sports.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TF?

My above answer on top of getting into competitive, realistic and active league(s). I look forward to forging friendships and friendly rivalries in my league.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?

I usually assume the first time a rule is broken could be an accident. If I notice repeated and blatant rule breaking, I would first pause the game, and either message or on the mic point out the rule(s) being broken. If it continutes, I would continue to play sim even if I was getting my butt handed to me and present evidence to the league commissioner after the game, and let him/her decide proper punishment for my opponent. I have not and will not ever whine about a loss.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TF? Have you seen anything that you want to be a part of?

I have checked pretty much every XBOX league on the site and can see myself being a great addition to all of them. The only one I wasn't that interested in was "The Creation". I've never been a huge create a player or create a team guy.

2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

We're trying to fill spots in the SMFL if you're interested in a very involved Madden league. Let me know if you are either here or via PM. Be sure to check out some of the NCAA leagues as well.

3. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Nice App Tim. Application Approved. Welcome to TF!

4. timroy85

timroy85 Walk On

Thank you very much. Already got into my first dynasty: Hard4yards. This site is great.

As for the Madden invite, thanks but I haven't gotten Madden this year. I still may, but I'm just really obsessed with NCAA so far. Lol