New Member: TJM

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Jul 4, 2011.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Feb 28, 2011
    Welcome TJM,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here:

TSO Staff
  2. TJM

TJM Walk On

Jul 4, 2011
    Name: Tanner
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): PSN: tjm5054
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: skype: tmaluchnik
    Time Zone: EST
    General Availability for User vs User games: Daily
    Favorite Teams: Penn State, Pittsburgh Penguins, Pittsburgh Steelers, Pittsburgh Pirates
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: On another forum

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where? I used to be big into Madden and online leagues back in 2003-2005 era, participating in a forum sim league for a bunch of seasons. This was when you had to organize the seasons all offline and then just meet up and play without any organization of the league done through the game. However, my love for Madden has slowly passed and now am big NCAA fan (along with NHL).

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online? I've been playing video games since the beginning. Bill Walshs Football, Madden, NHLPA, NHL 94, etc. Mainly interested in just sports games but enjoy a Metal Gear Solid or Resident Evil or Battlefield here and there. Right now I focus on NCAA and NHL.

3. What type of player would you say you are? I am a SIM player that usually plays the traditional schemes of the team I am using. Truthfully, I wouldnt want to play any other way than Sim, especially considering the time it takes to master all these gimmicks and glitches that these other "ballers" use. SIM style is relaxing and gives a realistic feel for a virtual fall Saturday. I am an avid college football fan and live and breath and think everyday should be Saturday

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age? I feel I am very mature for my age at 24 as I had to grow up pretty fast in my family. There will be no problem in terms of my maturity level and activity.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns? Yes I have read the rules and watched the video. Seems fair to me.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time. In high school I played football, baseball, and hockey. I am a 2010 graduate of Penn State with a Bachelor of Science in Information Sciences and Technology. I grew up a PSU fan and bleed blue and white, with the PSU logo tatooed on my back. Working out is also a passion of mine and during my sophomore year in college, 3 tiny good looking female cheerleaders came up to me in Rec Hall (at PSU) and told me to come out for the cheerleading team. They somehow sold me on attending a practice to see what collegiate cheerleading is all about, with 1 thing leading to another on the pros and cons and then became a PSU cheerleader. It was a challenge and awesome experience to be able to stand on the pristine grass as Beaver Stadium, attend B1G away games, bowl games, standing in the tunnel before the games watching JoePa walk right by me numerous times, and oh yeah the female cheerleaders werent to bad either ;-) My passion for Penn State and College football far surpass many things in my life.

After I graduated from PSU, I worked very shortly for a web development division of PSU that develops the PSU schools websites. I have always have been an entrepreneur growing up (mainly though the internet) and started a business a little over a month ago in Western PA providing traditional business development with innovative online marketing strategies, including web design and development. So the good thing with that is I make my own schedules and can pretty much fit games in anytime during my day. I also ran a blog for about a year talking about entrepreneurship, business development, social media, lifestyle design, personal development, health and fitness, and more (many of my passions).

In my sparetime you can find me on PSU forums and blogs commenting on the latest happenings in PSU football (i also frequent Pens forums and blogs). I have always been a part of online communities and leagues since I was a kid create and joining "online chat wrestling federations (lol)" in America Online chat rooms, so I know a little bit about online communities (as I also studied social informatics in college).

I strongly feel I can bring value to TSO (while also following TSO's own values and guidelines). If accepted into this fine community, I will be looking to grab my Nittany Lions in a league.

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community? I see myself as becoming a fairly active member, not only within a league but also about the latest happening across the college football (and NHL) landscape. I am not one to get on message boards and just talk crap like a 8 year old or never to bring substance to any threads. I feel I could go as far as being a technical help in any way I can to the TSO community.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO? Friendships (a PSU forum I frequent, we meet up usually one a year for a tailgate, not saying that it'll be like that here but it goes to show these friendships on forums do spill over into real life), Successful league memberships with sim players that are all passionate about their respective team and college football, Knowledge of sports and other college football teams and traditions, some good reading

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation? Notify him during the game, if it continues I would just play out the game and then notify the commissioner in a PM of the situation.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup? I think there might be a spot in the League The Pride. The Boys of Fall opening, I like the Lion's Pride league name, however I would prefer to get into a league that has an opening for PSU. Otherwise, I have no real preference for a league setup, it could be a B1G league or custom power conference or whatever creative way we could come up with. However, I would like the league to have a lot of organization done on the threads.

Thanks and sorry for the long application, I'm always too long winded! I hope this community will accept me in.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Feb 9, 2009
    Featured Threads:
    Great Application Tanner.

Application Approved.

You'll be happy to know that:
    1. We are good friends around here. This week I am flying to Houston to hang out with TSO members.
    2. I am a Buckeye fan.
    3. I love having IT guys around here. I am a software developer and I always love help.:) What stack do you prefer working in? PHP?
  4. TJM

TJM Walk On

Jul 4, 2011
    Nice! Thanks!

Well I might be heading to tOSU later on this year for the game (hopefully along with heading to Indianapolis for the B1G championship ;-)).

I eventually would like to quickly get to a point in my life where I can travel and check out all different college football atmospheres and experiences.

I'm actually not to much of a developer, but like to have developers around me, but I'd prefer PHP. I tend to communicate between the developer and the customer to make sense for eachother. I'm a mere "makeshift" IT guy who just troubleshoots problems and solutions until everything works out (which a lot of IT guys prob. do).
  5. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Feb 13, 2010