New Member: tomberry

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Jul 12, 2011.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Welcome tomberry,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/new-member-applications-new-members-start-here.1162/

TSO Staff

2. tomberry

tomberry Walk On

Name: Tom
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): tesarey (XBOX)
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: tesarey is also my yahoo
    Time Zone: eastern
    General Availability for User vs User games: Evening or weekends
    Favorite Teams: Michigan Wolverines everything, Reds, Bengals and Pistons
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: Other Blog

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where? Only NCAA and only with a buddy of mine

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online? I started at age 3. Super Mario/Duck Hunt for the NES...I must have run into that first fricking Goomba 1,000 times before I finally learned how to jump but I've never looked back since.

3. What type of player would you say you are? Is casually addicted a real term? I am not going pro anytime soon. Lose as much as I win against people, but I can't put the sticks down.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age? I am not that worried about you old fogies. Consider me the young upstart with the huge contract to you veterans scraping along.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns? Read them, man they are strict. Really only one concern...what if my team has a stud QB/WR corp with a pathetic RB? Wouldn't I throw much more in real life as opposed to handing it off and getting smacked in the backfield? Just a general curiosity, otherwise everything looks good.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time. Well I am 24. Graduated from Miami (NTM). I have a 2 and a half year old son. Like to play lots of sports...well mostly only get to play softball basketball and golf any more. Most days my excercise consists of riding my stationary bike during which I get my gaming in.

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community? Pretty easily. I will try not to step on the toes of the masses with my blatant superiority...I guess if stupid sarcasm doesn't fly I'm probably in trouble though.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO? Online gaming with people who don't constantly glitch out, or yell at me the whole time I'm beating them. As I said I have only played one online dynasty and it was just with a buddy of mine but it was a ton of fun. I can only imagine the experience is magnafied the more people are involved.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation? Break down and cry...er I mean yell vulgaraties at the offender...wait no! Probably call them out over the headset and hope we can reach a reasonable conclusion.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup? I took a quick glance and honestly in my short time looking they all seemed pretty similar. I like to play between 5-8 minute quarters...Varsity or All-American difficulty. I hate losing, but that is just the competitor in me. Hate it while it is happening but no teams really go 115-0...so after I fix my controller after snapping it into pieces I kind of like the realistic win-loss records. Oh and in case my description of my competitivness is frowned upon, I only take it out on myself and my controller...not the opponent.

3. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

tomberry - Application Approved. Welcome to TSO.

Let me just say though that we take Sim gaming very seriously here. I get that you're just being sarcastic and we're just here for fun but often times things get 'lost in translation' over the internet. We're a mature group of people so as long as you treat everyone with respect and respect the true game of football, you'll be fine.

As far as "passing too much" goes - its going to be league specific. Different people will have different tolerances for that sort of thing. As long as you're not running up the score/stats - you're probably not going to rub too many people the wrong way.

Let me know if you have any questions.

4. tomberry

tomberry Walk On

Understood. Honestly I am really laid back and am not going to be looking to pick fights with anyone. It's just a video game after all. I am here for the fun and do want to be in a competitive sim league or I wouldn't have signed up.

Back to the passing, I didn't mean it as far as running the score up, I meant more as my general game plan running short slants and outs as opposed to lining up in the power I and trying to bull doze my way through.

No worries though, I typically try to stay as far away from being a jerk as possible. Thanks for the application approval.

5. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Which blog did you hear about us from?

6. tomberry

tomberry Walk On

It was mgoblog. I'm kinda sorta addicted to Michigan football.

7. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I'm sure all the damn Wolverine fans will be in here in no time welcoming you to the site. Ugh.