New Member: twostep

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Jul 7, 2011.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Welcome twostep,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/new-member-applications-new-members-start-here.1162/

TSO Staff

2. twostep

twostep Walk On

Cool! I'm on it.

3. twostep

twostep Walk On

Name: Nick
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): HouseBurninDown (Xbox360)
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ:
    Time Zone: Eastern US
    General Availability for User vs User games: After 10:00pm EST
    Favorite Teams: Notre Dame Fighting Irish, Indianpolis Colts
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: Brother referred

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?
    I've participated in FPS PC leagues. Never a sports dynasty.
    2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?
    20 years.
    3. What type of player would you say you are?
    Cerebral.
    4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?
    Age ain't nothin' but a number.
    5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?
    Yes. No.
    6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.
    Born and raised under the Golden Dome. Football is my religion. My brother, best friend and I used to play cooperative dynasties/franchises in my basement back in the early 2000's before any of this was possible so I'm looking forward to the more dynamic experience.
    7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community?
    Shouldn't have any problems. I try to be reasonable but usually my opinion turns out to be the truth.
    8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO?
    Competition and sportsmanship.
    9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?
    Report them to the authoritah.
    10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup?

No. Still researching.

4. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Who is your brother? And could you spend a bit more time and elaborate on some of your answers. We are using this app to find out if you will be a fit to our community, not just an exercise to see if you can copy and paste and respond with a couples words...

5. twostep

twostep Walk On

Here you go. As far as who is my brother - I don't know his handle on TSO. He shot me a text saying that I needed to come here to participate in a online Dynasty done right and I will take his word for it. He plays PS3, I play Xbox360.

My only request would be to play in a league that plays mostly after 10:00pm EST due to my work schedule. That and to be in a somewhat forgiving league as I am new to the online Dynasty (though I'm a NCAA vet) and I'm sure there is a learning curve.

6. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I like most of the answers, but this one gives me a bit of pause...

When you say exploit, I just want to clarify that it is a scary word to 'sim' minded gamers. I think you mean, take advantage of your opponents playstyles, but just make sure it isnt taking advantage of the game code...
    Also, I think some commissioners frown upon playing the FS down in the box all the time. I would check dynasty rules and talk with a commish about that before trying to select a league.

With that said, I approve the app, just keep in mind the comments. There is also a video of encouraged and discouraged playstyles on here for the newer guys.

7. twostep

twostep Walk On

I was referred to this league specifically because of the emphasis on simulation. If I'm taking advantage of the code and not the opponents weaknesses then what of what use is actually playing the game? I don't exploit gamecode glitches - I exploit my opponents user glitches!

As far as FS in the box, I would compare my style to what Troy Polamalu does in real life. Play about 3 yards behind the LB's instead of 5 yards and look for run-first and take away the flat. I don't think that would be a violation of any rules as I would only blitz when the play is called. If it were a problem then I could certainly change my style.