New Member: uagrad90

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by uagrad90, Oct 25, 2010.

1. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

Name:
    Guy Wilson

Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX):
    uagrad90 (PSN & Xbox) Same on both systems

Email:
    uagrad90@charter.net

AIM:
    None

Time Zone:
    Central

General Availability:
    Most nights and weekends. Only major deviations are Friday Nights until late November due to High School Officiating & Saturdays during the Alabama game.

Favorite Teams:
    Alabama Crimson Tide

How did you hear about Tradition Football:
    Saw several posters at OS Sports Forums, the gaming tailgate forum and NCAA Strategies forum mention this site.

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?
    Yes I have played in and hosted a NCAA league last year and this year with some friends from work.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?
    I have been playing video games for over 30 years. I started with an Atari and currently own all three systems (PS3, 360 & WII). I am a relative new comer to the online scene. I finally got high speed at my house early last year so I have been on line close to 2 years.

3. What type of player would you say you are?
    I enjoy playing several types of game but I prefer sports games and FPS. I enjoy winning (who doesn’t) but I really enjoy the fun of competing with someone else and trying to improve my skills. When playing sports games I like to play sim style and I enjoy the strategy aspect taht comes with sin style play. But most of all I just like having fun and spending time with friends (both old and new).

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?
    I do not have a problem playing with older and/or younger people. The current online dynasty I am hosting for my co-workers we have 1 person who son is playing with us and he is 16.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?
    I have read through the rules and I do not have any questions.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.
    I am 44, married and have a teenage daughter. I am an Electrical Engineer and I attended and graduated from the University of Alabama in 1990, therefore the user name uagrad90. I have been officiating high school football in Alabama for 11 years now and I have been umpiring youth baseball for 2 years.

7. How active do you plan on becoming with the TF community?
    I like to be active. I usually check the forums I follow several times a day and I like to contribute to great conversations. I have done more reading and less posting lately at other forums due to the direction they seem to be headed, where if you don’t follow the party line and you express an opinion that is different it turns ugly. I am not the greatest writer, hey I am an engineer, but I do enjoy posting quick liners about the games I played. I got hooked on this several years ago following some threads by Hellisan(sp).

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TF?
    Enjoyable place to express opinions and ideas with other people who enjoy sports games and in turn hopefully make several friends along the way.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?
    Depending on what has occurred, but if it is minor the first time I would play through it, mistakes happen. If it were to continue or was something significant I would pause and discuss what occurred. If it were to continue I would complete the game and then contact the league manager provide them with the details and then be available to discuss with all parties to help resolve.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TF? Have you seen anything that you want to be a part of?
    I have looked at some of the NCAA leagues and I am interested any anything that does not advance to quickly. The ones that have a 48 hour rule might be hard for me to maintain the pace due to work and officiating. I saw several that advance 2 a week and that I feel I could easily maintain. I currently have NCAA for the PS3 but I am not opposed to picking up a copy for 360.

Added 1/21/11 - The 48 hours will not be an issue as I have been involved on a league now and see that I can easily work with the 48 hour advances.

2. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Application Approved. Welcome to TF Guy. We have some other bamagrads on the site as well.

3. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

Revised my answer to question #10 after playing in Gridiron Gladiators. The 48 hour advances are not a problem that I had feared.