New Member: uncleho

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by uncleho, Jan 20, 2010.

1. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

Jan 20, 2010
    New Member: uncleho

Name: Travis
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): kicktothethroat (xbox)
    Time Zone: U.S. Central (GMT -6)
    General Availability: Monday-Thursday nights, weekends with a heads up.
    Favorite Teams: University of Iowa, University of Colorado, Denver Broncos
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: I was following this game play discussion thread over on EA's website and I saw a couple of people mention this site. I agreed with most of what they mentioned in that thread and decided to check out this site.

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where? Yes, I've been running a 6-9 person dynasty in NCAA since they came out with the feature with my friends. Never anything like this site though.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online? I've been playing video games since Super Mario Bros. and my first introduction to football in video game form was Tecmo Bowl. I've been playing on LIVE since 2007 and some other MMORPG on pc since 2004.

3. What type of player would you say you are? I'm a casual player for the most part. I like to win of course, but, losing games only makes me want to figure out why it happened and adjust. Losing also doesn't deter me from having a good time and trying my hardest. I especially love dynasties and the process of building a competitive team.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age? Since I fit right in the middle of that range it doesn't bother me at all. I'm looking forward to playing with good people.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns? I have read them and any questions I may have are league specific I believe.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time. Well I am a lab technician for a small food product development company. I have a B.S. in chemistry and went to a smaller NCAA division 2 school. I've been playing the NCAA series since 2003 I think. I played Madden from '94-'08 when I decided that I had way more fun with NCAA. I enjoy going out with my friends for drinks and other fun whenever I can afford it.

7. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TF? Have you seen anything that you want to be a part of? I have checked them out and I would be interested in a league where maybe there are a couple others that are new to this sim style of play. This will be my first league with this detailed of a rule set for what is cheesing and what isn't, while I dislike cheesing, there are mistakes to be made. I'm not sure if they all have it, but, the leagues with position change restrictions (height, weight, speed) and scholarship limits sound very interesting as well.
  2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Feb 10, 2009
    Featured Threads:
    Travis, welcome to the site! Glad you found your way over here.

To quell your concerns, no one is going to jump down your throat for breaking the rules while you are new to the site. As long as you have a drive to learn from the guys who have been here for a while, you will do just fine. Just give the rules a glance over frequently to familiarize yourself with them. All we ask is that you put forth the effort to learn and have fun.

Application approved.
  3. Masler

Masler Moderator

Aug 13, 2009
    How would you like to join my league? It's called The can take a look at the rules and description here:

We have an opening in the Pac-10.

You can choose from:

Oregon State (previously user controlled)
    Arizona State
    Washington State

If you are interested send me a PM or just write back in this thread and I'll get you set up.

4. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Feb 10, 2009
    Interviewed and accepted into Climb The Ladder. Welcome aboard uncleho.
  5. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

Jan 20, 2010
    Thank you for the warm welcome, I'm excited to get started!