New Member: Vandermint

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by Vandermint, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Vandermint

Vandermint Walk On

New Member: Vandermint

Name: John Pritchard
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): Vandermint (360)
    Email: jdpritchard@gmail.com
    AIM: None, but I could get one if necessary
    Time Zone: EST
    General Availability: Nights after 8 EST
    Favorite Teams: UNC (alum) & Pittsburgh Steelers
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: There was a thread buried on the 3rd or 4th page of a forum at Operation Sports

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where? Last year I played in a Madden league called Over35--even though technically I was a little young for it (and I did disclose my real age to the commish), but it had the same spirit as the rules here. I also used to race in a NASCAR 3 league on the PC called Fenderbenders.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online? Been playing since I got an Intellivision as a kid so probably almost 30 years. I've always been a PC gamer at heart (except for sports games) and have probably been playing games online since Ultima Online and Starcraft came out in the late 90s.

3. What type of player would you say you are? Casual. I haven't been really good at a game in a long time, and as I get older I don't see that changing.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age? Actually, the mature approach is one of the things that attracted me to this site--it's the only place I've applied to this "season".

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns? I did read them and it looks good to me. Only question about the rules I had initially was when it comes to pre-snap defensive player movement--would it be considered cheese, for instance, to take the FS and move him manually from the deep backfield to the line if you anticipated a run play?

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time. I'm a prosecutor, married with one ten-month old son, and have started judging professional boxing here in NC. (Still getting my feet wet with MMA.)

7. How active do you plan on becoming with the TF community? I like to stay involved in these sort of things, although I'll probably be a little reserved at first as I get my feet wet.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TF? Good games and experiences with people who can grow to be friends.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation? It depends. If it is minor and doesn't seem to be malicious, honestly I'd probably let it go. If it was blatant, I'd just follow the rules, take highlight videos, and send it to the commish.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TF? Have you seen anything that you want to be a part of? I have checked them out, and am really open to basically any 360 NCAA 2011 league. From the UF's of the world on down I'd take any team and would consider a Teambuilder league. The only thing I won't do is play where I have to take Dook or NC State. Sorry. :)

Thanks for reading and the consideration.

2. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Application Approved. Welcome to TF John! Right now we are organizing a new league. Place your name on the list if you are interest HERE.

It is certainly ok to do this in extreme moderation or in absolute situations. For example, bringing a FS up towards the line in goal line, or 3rd and 1. What we want to avoid is guys constantly lining the FS at LB depth every play just to take advantage of any flaws in the game.

3. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Another welcome to TF John. I really think your going to be very happy with the TF community based on your application answers.

Right now you may think you need to be reserve at first.... IMO one of the best things about TF is there is no elitism on the site. When I first started posting on the site I was welcomed and treated just like anyone else who's been here since the beginning.

You will definitely make good friends, have good games, and experiences. Hope you enjoy TF...

4. Vandermint

Vandermint Walk On

Thanks guys--looking forward to getting involved!