New Member: VolPett

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by VolPett, Jul 20, 2009.

1. VolPett

VolPett Walk On

New Member: VolPett

Name: John Petterson
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): VolPett (360)
    Email: kjpetterson@gmail.com
    AIM: Is this 1997?
    Time Zone: EST
    General Availability: Evenings (As long as there is not a game on TV)
    Favorite NCAA Team: Tennessee
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: NCAA Strategery

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? NCAA leagues? Where?

No. I have never been interested in joining an online league until NCAA 09 and it's online dynasty option. But my disappointment with 09's gameplay and the birth of my daughter caused me to hold off until now.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?

I have been playing video games since Atari Football on the 260. I spent many sleepless weekend nights playing Super Tecmo and Baseball Stars with the fellas during high school. Then we moved on to the Genesis with Madden, College Football USA / Bill Walsh, and Coach K's College Basketball.

I started playing online in the late 90's with Front Page Football, but then I took a break until around 03 or 04 with Madden on the PS2.

3. What type of player would you say you are?

Just like everyone else here I'm strictly sim. However, I'm a very average player.

The truth is that I will probably never compete for championships, but I will make up for it by being very active within the community.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?

I prefer playing with the older guys...those are the guys I'm going to have the most in common with. When I reference QB Eagles, Blades of Steel, Double Dribble, Kings of the Beach, Dr. J vs. Larry Bird, or Iornman Stewart's Super Offroad someone that's 19 will think I'm drunk.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?

My only concern would be the strictness over punting inside the 50.

For example... In today's college football it's more likely for a team to go for it on 4th and 3 from the opponent's 40 than to punt.

That's just one example, but IMO to more accurately represent what happens on Saturdays, the rules on punting when in opponent's territory should be relaxed.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.

Alumni from the University of Tennessee and proud football & basketball season ticket holder.

I waste way to much of my life on Rivals.com.

I just love the college game. I am obsessive... if there is a game on TV... I will be on my couch.

When it comes to the NFL, I'm a long time Miami dolphin fan. I've had DirecTV's Sunday Ticket for the past 11 years. In that time I have missed 1 televised Dolphin game.

7. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TF? Have you seen anything that you want to be a part of?

Yes, not to sure about the CAS leagues, but anything else that opens up in the future looks to be a ton of fun.

In the meantime, I would love to build up my XBox Live friend's list with the guys from the community so I can get some sim games in.

V,B.

2. Maynard

Maynard Banned