New Member: WellsNorthShore

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Jan 8, 2012.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Feb 28, 2011
    Welcome WellsNorthShore,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here:

TSO Staff
  2. WellsNorthShore

WellsNorthShore Walk On

Jan 8, 2012
    Name: James
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): WellsNZ on PSN
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: No love for MSN? :(
    Time Zone: New Zealand time but really my schedule is all over the place time wise, it's 12 30am for me right now I'm wide awake lol.
    General Availability for User vs User games: If I'm on, it's on like Donkey Kong.
    Favorite Teams: Penguins, Steelers, Bucks, Chelsea
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: Responded to a league advertisement on the OS NBA 2K forum.

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where? An NHL league through and a couple of FIFA leagues through

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online? I have no idea how long I have been playing, think I got my SEGA when I was about 5? so 19 years approximately. Online about 9 or 10 years.

3. What type of player would you say you are? I'm competitive but a good sport, I'll maybe talk a bit of trash especially if I know you, but nothing over the top. I like to play online because beating a real person is much more enjoyable than beating a computer. At the same time, losing to a real person is more enjoyable than losing to a computer if that makes sense. I'm the type of gamer who enjoys the buzz of competing against other people, that doesn't necessitate winning all the time, I still find enjoyment in losing a good competitive game.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age? I guess I'd be one of the "youngins" based on that. The reason the league I saw advertised appealed to me is because it looked different than the mess of other, more "immature" leagues that I've seen around, something that has turned me off looking into online leagues. Hopefully the older user group is the solution to this.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns? Is this like one of those ToA's where I can just scroll to the bottom and click that I read it? I actually have a concern with section F.1.A but I'm sure I'll cope.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time. I'm a Uni Student about to begin my Post Graduate year, I do Media Studies and English. I'm a sports nut as I'm sure most here are. I'll watch pretty much any sport that's on, much to my partners dismay. I hate going on about myself like I'm filling out a dating profile. That about sums me up I guess.

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community? Like a square peg in a round hole. Really though I seem to get on well with most people and I don't see why it won't happen here. My hobbies and interests consist of sports and gaming and sports gaming, I'm sure many others here do too, so I'm sure fitting in won't be a problem :D

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO? I'm hoping for some good spirited, competitive gaming with like minded players. To get away from the immaturity that plagues the online domain. To become part of the community, to have something to participate in and maybe even make a friend or two.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation? Beat his ass (hopefully), then maybe drop him a message post game asking what was up with him breaking the rules. Depending on the response I'd then take the issue through the appropriate channels.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup? I was lead here while trying to join The Zone: NBA 2K12 Association, so that's the one I'm interested in for now. Would definitely explore what is around for FIFA as well if I've settled in with the 2K one.
  3. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Jul 14, 2009
    Welcome to TSO. Application approved.