New Member: WK19

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by WK19, Jul 15, 2010.

1. WK19

WK19 Walk On

New Member: WK19

Name: Walter Kennedy
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): WK19 (XBOX)
    Email: wwkennedy@crimson.ua.edu
    AIM: Don't have one, but it could be made.
    Time Zone: CST.
    General Availability: Until August 10th, generally before 3:30 pm or after 10 or 11 pm CST is a guarantee. I occasionally get off work before then though. After 8/10, I'll be available pretty much any time after 4 pm CST (except on Tuesdays, gonna be about 8:30 pm there).
    Favorite Teams: Alabama (where I attend), Ohio (who doesn't like a QB named Boo?), and Oklahoma (only other team I root for on a regular basis, I enjoyed Alabama's series with them a few years back)
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: A thread over at Operation Sports sent me in this direction.

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where? I was in an OD a long time ago on IGN's NCAA boards, but it fell apart pretty quickly.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online? I've been playing video games since the SNES was the hot console, although I have very little recollection of it. I was pretty young then. I got Xbox Live about 6 1/2 years ago, but played online on the computer before that.

3. What type of player would you say you are? Run first, definitely. The new blocking system in NCAA 11 makes it so much fun (not to mention I played OT in high school, so I gotta show some love for it). On defense, pretty aggressive. I mix up blitzes pretty regularly, using mostly sets with 3 DL.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age? Well, my roommate is 28. We get along pretty well. So I don't suppose the difference bothers me at all.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns? I have read the rules, and the only rule which is somewhat objectionable is D.4.0. Most linebackers do not play DE in any situation, true... unless it is a 3-4 based defense. For example, Alabama occasionally lines Courtney Upshaw (OLB) up at DE in passing situations, moving Marcell Dareus (DE) to DT. How would a situation like that be approached?

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time. I'm a 21 year old student at the University of Alabama. I'm going into Management Information Systems, and should be out of school permanently in the next 2 or so years. I played football for 5 years in central Alabama, with my career coming to an unfortunate end after my junior year in high school due to a 360 degree labral tear in my right shoulder.

7. How active do you plan on becoming with the TF community? As active as possible.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TF? Aside from the obvious (participating in good online leagues/dynasties), what I'm really shooting for is to build up a good base of knowledgeable and sim-style opponents.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation? Play out the game, but at the end, make highlight videos of what exactly was going on. Upload them to EASW then send them to the commish.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TF? Have you seen anything that you want to be a part of? I read the Hard4Yards board, and I like the premise of their dynasty. I'm pretty much game for any "rebuilding" or, as is the case in H4Y, "building" a strong team. One- or two-star team dynasties are easily my favorite.

2. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Welcome to TF Walter.. Thanks for the great app! Application approved..

We haven't tested the new game yet with locomotion to see how effective this is. We are in the process of updating some of our rules to the likes of the new game, so I can update you if we make a decision about this.