New Member: Wyrmreaver

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Oct 31, 2011.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Welcome Wyrmreaver,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/new-member-applications-new-members-start-here.1162/

TSO Staff

2. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Name: Neal Hennessy
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): xbox: neal henn
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: none
    Time Zone: Pacific/West Coast
    General Availability for User vs User games: After 10:30 or 11 PM my time nearly every night, I work nights and have school in the morning. When I get home I spend a little time with the wife and gets before I am able to jump online.
    Favorite Teams: Notre Dame and Army
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: EA Forums and I have played in other leagues with guys who have or are playing in TSO leagues also

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?
    I have played in multiple online dynasties. Some with guys I know locally that lasted a few seasons, a couple with strangers that have lasted pretty well and a bunch that died out.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?
    Well, I'm 34 and had an Atari when it was new...... so lets just say a while. I have been playing online for a couple years now.

3. What type of player would you say you are?
    Definitely sim style. I try and play in a way that makes real life football sense with regards to down/distance/score etc. I played some ranked matches online a couple years ago but got so frustrated with all the people running goalline all game long or using the same money plays over and over that I switched to playing strictly online dynasties. I dont need to play tons of games against other users, I enjoy the challenge of trying to outdo them against the CPU and in recruiting as well.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?
    I think I fit right into your demographic, the failed dynasties I have been a part of are almost always rife with teenagers and guys who quit as soon as they suffer one loss.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?
    I have read and understood. I am happy to comply. The only things that seem a little strict to me are the fourth down rule and the no-huddle rule. Again, no problem, i am just imagining my agony at booming a punt on fourth and inches on my own 46 with 3 minutes left in a tie ball-game, I know opening it up allows for more significant abuse though. As far as no huddle goes, with so many RL teams running it all game long I see it as a legit strategy. I like to run it occasionally when it isnt expected sort of like the Patriots or the 1990s Buffalo Bills, no huge loss though.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.
    I Work Full Time and am working to finish my BA at the same time (I'm about halfway). I am married and I have 2 kids, a 9 year old son and a 4 year old daughter. I am definitely a nerd or geek, I love sci-fi and fantasy, am well read, and still play D&D with my nerdiest old friends once a month. Unlike most geeks I am also a big time sports fan and played sports when I was in high school. Anything else? Just ask.

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community?
    I honestly dont know enough about the community as a whole to say, but I am in one other league that requires regular posts to a forum for our teams and I really like that aspect of it so I will be very active. Also, I am competitive but respectful.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO?
    Fun, first and foremost. It would also be great to develop contacts in order to play year after year in competitive and fun leagues with guys who become friends over time.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?
    First I would just ask them if they realized they were breaking a rule and see if we could resolve it in game. If they responded poorly or failed to respond I would finish playing the game straight up and make sure I saved as many photos/highlights as possible of the infractions and take my concerns to the commish of the league. Ultimately I want it to be fun for everyone, and perfection at all times by every opponent is too much to ask, but as long as there is a willingness to correct it and not blatant disregard i dont see any long term issues happening.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup?
    I havent checked them out yet. The type of league I am looking for would be one with a 48-72 hour advance cycle. For now I would prefer to avoid a league that would have user games every week just because I dont want my restrictive schedule to be an issue. I usually prefer to play as a lesser team that I have to build up over the course of multiple seasons, but any team selection is fine really.

3. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Edit to above..... I currently am in 2 non-TSO leagues with 3 guys who all play in the 4th horseman, so if there are openings that would be my preferred league. One of those guys (chuckdzznutz) actually convinced me to become a member here.

4. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

He's a good dude and a loyal player . . . I certainly vouch for him

• Like Like x 1
  5. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Application approved. Welcome to TSO man

6. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Thank you for pointing this out. It appears that the paragraph exluding the no-huddle and other fast tempo offenses was not posted. I have now added it.

These rules were formed before the game allowed for fast tempo offenses. "Hurry Up" generally refers to a standard or low tempo offense rushing to the line due to time constraints/score deficit.

7. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We have 2 openings in the Legacy, an xbox premier NCAA league. You would have to become a premier member but you look like a good fit. PM me if you are interested.