Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jvigorous1, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

I would like to welcome SalutationsNJ to BCS Chaos. He will be coaching from the SEC as the Tennessee Volunteers.

2. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Welcome!

3. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Thanks for the welcome. Can I do my opening press conference in this section? I love those things...

4. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Sure.

<filler>

5. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Coach Hasty steps into the press room area with a slight smile but carrying a business-like approach with him. The impatient reporters waste no time in picking his brain.

Reporter 1: "Welcome to Rocky Top Coach. What can we expect from this Volunteers' program with you at the helm?"

Coach Hasty: "You can expect anything. What I expect is hard work. I expect dedication. Motivation. Teamwork. When you examine Tennesee football I expect you to see football at its' finest."

Reporter 2: "With the downward spiral of the program in recent years and the current players' not being yours, when can we see these standards your planning to set?"

Coach: "First, let me explain something. Their is no such thing as these are not my players. They became mine once I accepted this head coaching position. Excuses will not be found. Excuses will not be made. Coach Kiffin runs a similar scheme to mine. So the adjustments from one coach to another shouldn't be too difficult. Will I be switching things up? Yes but in due time. Coach Kiffin pointed us towards the tunnel. Now it's my turn to take us through the tunnel and to the light."

Reporter 3: "So are you saying your team will make a bowl game this year?"

Coach: "We'll find out together. When these kids realize their potential I think we'll be more than just a "tough test". We're coming into the season with the mindframe of competing for a National Championship."

Reporter 4: "Is Jonathan Crompton remaining your starting QB? He has shown flashes but has never really been to consistent."

Coach: "He's the starter until proven otherwise. But it takes the guys around him to make plays. He just needs to put them in that position and he'll be fine."

Reporter 5: "Coach with all the high expectations and a win now mentality is their anything else you will like to express to Vol nation?

Coach: "Yeah tell 'em to get their singing voices ready."

Coach Hasty stands up and begins singing. The Tennessee media recognizes the familar song and immediately joins him.

Wish that I was on old Rocky Top/Down in the Tennessee hills.
    Ain't no smoggy smoke on Rocky Top/Ain't no telephone bills.
    Once I had a girl on Rocky Top/Half bear, the other half cat,
    Wild as a mink, but sweet as soda-pop/I still dream about that.

Chorus:
    Rocky Top, you'll always be
    Home sweet home to me.
    Good old Rocky Top,
    Rocky Top, Tennessee.
    Rocky Top, Tennessee.
    Once two strangers climbed old Rocky Top
    Lookin' for a moonshine still.
    Strangers ain't come down from Rocky Top,
    Reckon they never will.
    Corn won't grow at all on Rocky Top
    Dirt's too rocky by far.
    That's why all the folks on Rocky Top
    Get their corn from a jar.

I've had years of cooped up city life/Trapped like a dog in a pen.
    All I know is it's a pity life/Can't be simple again.

Rocky Top, Tennessee!

A new era has begun........

6. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Welcome aboard Rocky Top! We'll be getting it on in the Swamp Next Week!

7. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Thanks. Just my luck, first game and I have to face Tim "Baby Jesus" Tebow, lol.

8. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

haha nice job on the press conference