Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Hey guys,

Just an FYI - I removed JC last night. He missed two advances with no message or notice. I really had no choice. I spoke to Suge last night and will be adding him and his beloved Michigan Wolverines this afternoon.

How's that for drama!

AG

2. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

No offense to the dearly departed JC but had he won any user games since joining?

3. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I know he was super competitive in almost all of them -- Dat kinda pushed his shit in this season though. Pretty sure he never lost to the CPU, though. :eek: ;)

:beernana:

I defend him because until this season I was Oh-Fer myself, but all my losses (but 1) were close as hell.

4. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Everyone loses in user games.:)

Me especially.

5. Juggernautblitz

I knew that was coming.
    It just kind of always stuck out like a sore thumb to me that Michigan State was in this dynasty when pretty much every other team was a top 10 program. He may very well have been a very good player but I imagine he was substancially outgunned in almost all of his user games.

On a sidenote, I don't like getting beat by the CPU but I wear it as a badge of honor that I play straight sim in these games and do not even attempt to take advantage of any flaws in the AI. I look at some of these user controlled offensive players of the week's ridiculous numbers, especially the 99 speed guys, and it actually makes me feel better about playing close games versus the CPU because I know how I play.

6. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I think we've learned that anyone can get beat by the CPU. It's just more fun with that threat present. Enough of us have been knocked to show that it truly can happen to anyone.

7. Juggernautblitz

Like I have said a few times, these sliders are perfect for me and if and when I have time to play more dynasties offline this level of competitiveness is going to be fun. I can truly say that if in an offline dynasty I was able to run the table in the SEC and win the title, I would feel like I had accomplished something. :HoosierHoo: I don't see myself losing to the UCF's of the world anymore but the top teams will be a challenge.
    By the way, welcome to the league Suge.

8. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Finally AG gets the Michigan rivalry he's wanted all this time. Welcome to the league, Big Suge.

9. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    The Game is a spectacle that this dynasty deserves.:)

Without the burning couches and turned over cars.

10. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

So are you assuming that all the people that put up great numbers against the CPU are not playing "straight sim", as you put it? That is a pretty slippery slope man -- and you know what happens when you assume.

The CPU is definitely tough, so I am pretty glad that I play in the ACC where the CPU teams aren't that great. My team in the SEC or Big XII would probably have a couple losses.

11. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I haven't yet played a really good SEC team (besides UGA when Juggernaut and I played).

My Alabama team is pretty talented, so the Ole Miss's of the world aren't a huge challenge.

12. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Glad to be aboard!! I look forward to our rivalry game against that team to the south of us. GO BLUE!!!

13. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I love that you can't say the name. That's how I know you're a true fan. Should be a great game - the team you inherited is really tough. I see you have an Adam "Pac Man" Jones at corner. Got to be a Rich-Rod recruit.:eek:

See you in a few weeks,

AG

14. Juggernautblitz

I am one of the all-time great assumers, a true pro if you will, and slippery slopes are the most fun to navigate. In this case however you might want to go back over that quote again with a fine tooth comb and really see if what I said is what you are commenting on there chief.
    I don't "assume" that all the users that put up good or great stats are not playing sim. Some of you guys are simply better than me and can torch the CPU playing straight sim and I am fine with that, I need to get better. However I do see some A+ speed guys that are not rated that high overall whose stats are just ludicrous and that makes me chuckle.

15. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Overall rating doesn't matter, really -- that is heavlily reliant on awareness. For example, if a wide receiver has good catching abilities, can run his routes well, and is fast, but his overall rating is 76 or so, why should he not be making plays out on the field? I get your drift though, and its not a bad point. If speed is still so overvalued in next years game I think we should have a speed limit.

Thanks doc.

16. Juggernautblitz

No problem kid and you are welcome.