Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by DerrrFree22, Oct 9, 2009.

1. DerrrFree22

DerrrFree22 Guest

It was stated to me that I can take over Nebraska until after the bowls - but I am wondering why I have to wait. Mostly, because this is going to be my team moving forward and getting to play my bowl game or atleast look at my roster would be something that could help me plan ahead.

I don't care what team I get - but getting them ASAP is my priority. In real football - if a coach left his school for another program - they would have the interim coach take over ASAP or hire a new guy. If Nebraska's current coach wants out - then let me in now. This is like Brian Kelly at Cincy - there HC left for Michigan State and he was hired after the regular season and coached his new team in the bowl game to get a feel for what he had and what he needed.

Again, I don't care if I get Baylor in this thing - but I just think it is fair to get me the team sooner rather than later - especially if the guy running my squad is leaving them for me.

2. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

The current Nebraska head coach would like to finish the season out and if a new user came in and selected another team it could add another user/user game to someones schedule that was not planned for. I believe we have maybe 2 weeks left which should be done shortly.

3. DerrrFree22

DerrrFree22 Guest

If I took Baylor - I'm sure they aren't in the conference championship or in a bowl game so I doubt they'd play any users.

It's fine - I just wish I could work on the team instead of having someone else running it that has no long term interest.

I'll just wait.

4. ZepHead

ZepHead Futbol!

I suggest talking to the commish sdid via PM. Treat this more like Lloyd Carr retiring. He coaches the bowl game and hands over the keys to RRod :D

From the Nebraska user's standpoint he worked hard to get his team to where its at so its only fair that he play the CG and bowl game IMO. Nebraska is in pretty good shape but if taking over a team ASAP is your #1 priority, ask sdid if he'll let you have any other Big 12 North team. Welcome to the league, whichever team you pick!

5. DerrrFree22

DerrrFree22 Guest

Thanks a lot.

Why does he want to leave Nebraska if he worked so hard with Nebraska? Better recruiting in Texas?

6. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

i want to go to A&M because they are my #1 team.. i just havent ever been able to get into a league as them... i ve also like the huskers.. so i took them hoping one day to move to college station and rebuild the wrecking crew. i totally understand you want to take over ASAP.. i would like to finish bc i have a solid chance at possibly going to the NC. i think anyway.. and its probably the last shot i have at going for some time. i have been recruiting based on the needs of NU in the long term. i took over NU in the early part of the season. and could have been undefeated except for a bum call against ok state the turned that game in their favor(it was in stilwater). but i am headed into the CG vs either UT or OKST. i would just like to see this through. it may be some time before i can run the ball like i have this year. ask skip and controller and cade about my running game. hope you can understand.

7. T2

i can tell you the team needs, FB, T, K and CB. you really just need 4 guys. you get all 25 schollys this year. and i have only picked up 3 guys so far. im trying to add better players at LB, SS on defense. OL, FB and TB, TE. SS is lowest rated at C+ but thats because there are only underclassman. 1 SO and 2FRs.

8. DerrrFree22

DerrrFree22 Guest

Thanks, I didn't realize you were having such a successful season. Good luck the rest of the year.

9. T2

no prob.

10. skipwondah33

skipwondah33 Walk On

It helps the sliders are favored for us to run the ball on one another too lol. Changed my gameplan after I found that out.

11. ZepHead

ZepHead Futbol!

Yeah IMO the sliders favor a running team. Helu was the #1 rusher in the nation in the first season and he was a big reason why I won the conference. It is very difficult to run an Air Raid offense with the current sliders.

12. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Yeah, there defintely is no way to run a pass first offense. You have to run the ball and play defense. In Tennessee v Georgia Tech I was running down their throats and held their offense to 0 points. However, when the pressure started taking care of the run and I would throw it, they would intercept it and bring it back. They won on interceptions...brought 4 back because I couldn't run the ball anymore.

13. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

You guys know when you play the user vs user games, they are set to default settings?

14. ZepHead

ZepHead Futbol!

Default settings are the worst. Patch 2 did something to running that has made it very powerful. Guys just fall forward for 3 yards and it doesn't matter if he's Clay or some 160 lb guy

15. skipwondah33

skipwondah33 Walk On

How are they set to default settings and the bal still goes all over the place when you throw?

Didn't know there was a seperate set of sliders for user games

16. controllerabuser

I don't make the game the way it is. (y)

That's just what i've read, i believe on OS.

When you say, the ball goes all over the place when you throw... Are you talking about in general or interceptions?

I think that when people put that gameplan shit on aggressive it causes the A.I. to make plays they normally wouldn't. I also think that pass rush affects the way the ball is thrown. I know it is a obvious statement but i mean there is more to it. Not that it forces you to throw, altering your decision making but that it actually causes the ball to sometimes go where you don't want.

17. skipwondah33

skipwondah33 Walk On

Ohhh, yeah I heard about it on last year's version as well.

Yeah I cannot stand the gameplan feature, that has to be one of the worst implementations they made other than run commit. Its amazing how smarter and better players get with it.

Well I mean if you try to use precision passing, no telling where the ball may go. If you try to lead the receiver the ball is going either 10 yards ahead or 5 feet too high.. If the D is set to aggressive pass coverage their picking that off.

18. controllerabuser

Right, you kind of have to lead sometimes but then you get penalized for it. When IRL, leading a receiving is what you are supposed to do.