New Memeber- Korenth

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by Korenth, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Korenth

Korenth Walk On

Jul 19, 2010
    New Memeber- Korenth

Name: Kevin
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): XBOX: Korenth
    AIM: don’t have AIM
    Time Zone: Central (GMT-6)
    General Availability:Tues - Thurs after 6pm, most Friday evenings and Saturdays, Sunday after 7pm. Generally not available on Mondays
    Favorite Teams: SEC in general, Mid. Tennessee State, Tennessee Titans.
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: Link on Operation Sports Forums while looking for NCAA dynasties.

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where? Been a part of the “Fixer Upper Dynasty†since the NCAA 09 edition, founded on the VSN forums, and went to pure text message communication after VSN fell apart.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online? Been playing video games since I was 5, didn’t really get into online play until I went to college 6 years ago.

3. What type of player would you say you are? In general, I try to follow a Pro-Style game plan. The last two seasons of NCAA, I tried to recruit and build a team that could run an offense similar to that of the Tennessee Titans from the early 2000 era which was primarily a run first/ PA pass style with a fairly mobile QB able to make something happen if the plays break down. This year, I’ve been trying out the Pistol set since I had a lot of trouble with D-lines crashing through and disrupting pass and PA pass plays before the drop back was completed.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age? A more mature group is always a plus in my book…I like Sim style games, and its hard to find that with younger players.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns? Yes. And no questions yet.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time. I work for the NASA center in Huntsville, Alabama as a engineer/mathematician. Went to the University of Alabama in Huntsville (The College Hockey Capital of the South). No football program, and because North Alabama is between Alabama, Auburn, and Tennessee, choosing a particular program to root for was not something I was to keen on doing. When Pressed, I always said I rooted for Vandy..who doesn’t like an underdog? Recently married, which is most of the reason Friday and Saturdays can be iffy play times…both sets of parent like getting to see us, and so weekend trips can be fairly common.

7. How active do you plan on becoming with the TF community? I like having a large group of people to talk to and bounce ideas off of. Having access to other players outside of a dynasty who would be willing to help look at play style, explain why I keep getting beat in User v. User games, etc. doesn’t hurt either. And o f course, I’d be willing to give my limited advice to those looking for it while I learn.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TF? For starters, I’d like to find a good XBOX NCAA dynasty. Also, I’d like having people to discuss the actual football season with…not surprisingly, most engineers that I work with don’t have a huge passion for football.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation? Assuming the player and I are both on headsets, I’ll probably ask about why he’s doing what he’s doing, and explain that I feel its in violation of whatever set of rules are in question. Assuming that doesn’t stop it, or if there’s no way to communicate with the player, I’d probably go heavy ball control while trying to figure out how to beat the player while staying in the rules set forth. Post game, take pictures for highlights, video of replays, and send it to the league commissioner, and then take whatever steps asked.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TF? Have you seen anything that you want to be a part of? I have, and I really like the start from the low ranking schools and build them up or “get hired†by better schools based on performance style dynasties being run (example being the RMoG Rise to Prominence league). I noticed they, along with the conference specific dynasties, all seem full on the 360. I’ll probably try to get in on a waitlist or see if a new dynasty starts up.
  2. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Feb 9, 2009
    wow.. nice app. welcome to TF.
  3. Kasper

Kasper Mr. Embolo

Apr 12, 2010
    i call dibs
  4. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Feb 11, 2009
    Ditto. Application approved.
  5. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Nov 11, 2009