New Mexico confirms Coach Maij leaving

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by maij17, Dec 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maij17

maij17 PSN: MAIJ17

The University of New Mexico confim that Head Football Coach Maij17 has interviewed at a couple schools and has decided to that he will not be returning next season. Coach Maij has notified his current players of his new destination and would make a formal announcement after the Bowl game. The University also stated that offensive coordinator Tim Montgomery will be promoted to Head Coach and signed a 3 year contract. Coach Maij was not avaliable for comment at this time. New Mexico officials would not release what schools contacted Maij , but did confirm that Coach Maij was taking his defensive staff with him.

New Mexico plays Penn State in the Sugar Bowl, the school looks for its second BCS win and its first ever undefeated season.

2. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

Any hints? ;)

3. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

The Lobos will miss ya. Youve done great things with that team.

4. maij17

Yahoo sports reports that Coach Maij interviewed with Colorado, Minnesota, and UConn. The schools would neither confim or deny that they had interest in Coach Maij.

5. the_rhinoceros

the_rhinoceros Walk On

Joe Pa should retire at half-time and give you keys to his office. I'm glad you aren't coming to the PAC-10. Too bad the teams you can pick are so weak this year. Last year some dude "rebuilt" Florida and was ranked in the Top 15 before he even played a game. Good luck.

6. maij17

The Left Coast is not an option unless I'm UCLA and its too easy in Cali, plus I want a snow game in november :)

7. csboiler05

csboiler05 Walk On

I actually had two snow games in a row, @Or State and @ Orgeon, didn't know it snowed that much, but apparently EA thinks it does.

8. maij17

EA really FUBAR the pac-10 conference schedule if you went to Oregon twice, one of them should have came to the Rose Bowl, lol

9. csboiler05

csboiler05 Walk On

Actually maybe one was Washington, but same difference.

10. bdub

bdub Walk On

Didn't know snowed in Eugene ever.

11. maij17

It can snow in Eugene just very rarely, they usually get the sleet and fog, like seattle.

12. bdub

bdub Walk On

Its funny I have played a couple of years in a dynasty as Utah and have yet to play in the snow, and it snows in Utah all the time.

13. maij17

I agree, I have UCLA in the The Pride and every other home game after September is in a downpour, while LA County has been in drought conditions since I moved from the city in 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.