New Mexico Lobos (S8)

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by Kapono, May 26, 2011.

1. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

[​IMG]

Your Home for New Mexico Football

Offense: The Lobo offense will be led by 6’5” senior QB Scott Johnson. Johnson has a good arm and can get out of trouble using his legs. At HB William Burton will get the bulk of the carries. Tyler McNair will use his size in goal line situations. UNM has depth at wide receiver, but the main question for the offense is O-Line. All the O-Linemen are around the 50-60 range, and UNM has no tight ends who can step up.

Defense: The defense will need to step up for New Mexico to succeed, and they have the talent to do it. The Lobos switch to a 3-4 this year so speedy MLB’s Lawrence Henry and Blake Lambert will be all over the field. New Mexico has no wholes on the defensive side of the ball.

New Mexico plays its normal MWC schedule and has non-conference games with Nebraska, LT, FAU, and ____ well I forgot. New Mexico is predicted to finish last in the Mountain West, but head coach Nick Bonardi is hoping to make a bowl game in year 1.

2. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Not that u care but ur backup cooks is a beast on the field man, he's a rb with an arm....

3. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Well, I'll check that out then. Maybe choose a playbook with a wildcat look

4. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

^Give him a try in practice mode JK, he's one of those guys that plays better than his ratings. Like the setup man, it's tough sledding at NM. You've definitely got right attitude and enthusiasm, but can it translate to the field? Stay tuned!

5. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I though he was a HB when you guys talked about him. I checked his ratings, and the only real difference was awareness, which I don't think is used when a user plays. I started him, and let Johnson take the last drive. I'm probably going to start Johnson vs. Nebraska.

6. IrishBearcat

Nice first outing, although nobody is ever happy with a loss (over even a 3-27 loss at that!) people have suffered much worse at the hands of Air Force. Holding him to 27 points all game without really doing much of anything offensive shows you can play defense against him, you just need some help on offense!

Nebraska next, yikes! When's the next winnable game on the schedule?

7. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

You mean Nebraska? I forget, week 4 in think. I hate when I want to look at stuff, because my connection's all screwy and it take 5 minutes to get the connection switched from laptop to computer

8. IrishBearcat

Pretty sure Nebraska is pretty solid, the CPU sliders aren't easy either. You'll have your hands full, but an upset win would mean big things.

9. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

OK I saw they were on Heisman, and I love the tough sliders. I didn't know cuz of that Wyoming win over USC

10. IrishBearcat

Wyoming has suffered some BAD cpu losses, that was just a great win. They're beatable, but you will have to play well to win with a talent disadvantage. If you don't show up, any game is losable.

11. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Ain't that the damn truth just remember my 20-63 ass whooping Texas gave me lol

12. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

3-1 for the Lobos- Can't help but look forward to next year with a new O-Line

I'll probably have 2 of my recruits start as O-Linemen. Anybody know about what a 1-star recruit is rated as a freshman? I even have a 2-star guard coming in! lol

13. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Bye week. :(