New Mexico State

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by EnvyZero, Jul 23, 2010.

1. EnvyZero

EnvyZero Walk On

New Mexico State

From the start to finish Arizona's defense looked helpless to stop the new pro style offense of 1st year coach EnvyZero.

NMSU finished the opening drive with this option keeper by starting quarterback Jeff Fleming.

The aggies ran for 184 yards and 1 touchdown on the day. HB's S. Smith and R. Clay shared the bulk of the carries rushing for 68 yards and 62 yards respectively.

On the following posessions the Aggies went to the air completing their drives with touchdown passes from Jeff Fleming to Impact Wide Receiver, Marcus Allen and Tight End, Kyle Nelson.
    Snippet from the postgame interview
    Reporter: Coach, your team came into this game as the underdog what was the key to your success today?

Coach: I put alot of emphasis into protecting the football, running crisp routes, making your blocks. It's really about the fundamentals. This team can compete with anyone as long as we go out and protect the football and execute our gameplan.

Reporter: Were you surprised by anything in the game today?

Coach: To be honest I was surprised we held them to only 7 points. I mean I knew we could score but I thought they would be right there with us. Our defense really stepped it up today. Especially (MLB) Numi Lolohea he put in the work in the offseason and it showed today.

MLB N. Lolohea had 7 tackles, 1 forced fumble and an interception returned for a touchdown.
    Reporter: What did you think of the performance by (Starting Quarterback) Jeff Fleming?

Coach: I thought he did a great job today, he made the right reads, he made quick decisions and delivered the ball where his receivers could make a play. He turned the ball over once and that was just a great play by the defensive back to jump the route on that play.

Completion percentage was a little low but thats just a matter of spending time in practice and getting on the same page as your receivers

2. shibdib

shibdib In Nacho We Trust

Awesome, I cant get my game to upload photo's or videos lately :(

3. EnvyZero

EnvyZero Walk On

The links look messed up but they still work I'm not sure how to fix it so they don't look weird.

It gave me an error when I tried to upload highlights to the dynasty so I uploaded them to youtube.

4. EnvyZero

EnvyZero Walk On

Aggies Win Battle Of I-10, 28-21

This game was not close. The aggies came out and scored early and often. With the team up 28 to 0 midway through the third quarter New Mexico State put it in cruise control and brought in the backups.

UTEP scored three touchdowns vs the backup defense in garbage time.

Jeff Fleming passed for 253 yards and 3 touchdowns in two and a half quarters of play.

New Mexico States best receiver Marcus Allen appeared to tweak his hamstring on a 59 yard catch in the second quarter. He was taken into the locker room and did not return to the game. The team reports that he will be ready to play next week.

With the teams top receiver out, Junior Todd Lee stepped up and made two touch down catches.

Sophomore Middle Linebacker Nula Lolohea continued to impress with 10 tackles and his second interception of the season.

5. EnvyZero

EnvyZero Walk On

Boise State destroys New Mexico State 38 - 14

New Mexico State could not stop the passing game of Boise State.

They got 5 picks and we couldn't match their athleticism. I've never seen players jump routes so well.

The defense sucked, the offense sucked. Say goodbye to any hopes of winning the conference.

6. EnvyZero

EnvyZero Walk On

NMSU annihilates Fresno State 41 - 10 but loses two starters for the season.

Seth Smith broke his elbow on a

NMSU, with an extra week to think about their destruction at the hands of Boise State two weeks ago, looked like they had something to prove today and Fresno State was the unfortunate team who had to face them.

NMSU QB Jeff Flemming, who threw 5 interceptions vs Boise State in the previous game, breaks the school record for passing yards in a game with 553 yards through the air.

Barry Huntley had a break out game filling in for Todd Lee who is projected to be out for 9 weeks with back spasms. Huntley caught 5 passes for 172 yards and 2 touchdowns.

MLB Numi Lolohea had 11 tackles and 1 sack.

Injuries: Starting HB Seth Smith left the game in the 1st quarter with an arm injury. It was later reported he will be out for the rest of the season with a broken elbow.

CB Donyae Coleman had an abdominal tear on his interception return. He will be out for 10 weeks.

WR Todd Lee has a strained back and did not play.