New NCAA Blog: Locomotion

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by Hova, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

2. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

This is going to be awesome. Finally u will be able to see and feel the difference amongst players

3. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Ya has amazing potential. The day I dream of is when i sort the recruits by speed and top 20 guys are not all being recruited by Users lol.

4. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Is Ryno allowed to speak on things as they are announced? Would be interesting to hear his take on it

5. NDCOLTS1979

No he can only announce things that Ea has announced or they say he can announce

6. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

The mention of DE's in this blog has me worried. The CPU DE's already move very well off the ball. Let's just hope that one with 82 spd and mid/low 80's acc doesn't beat my 62spd 99pass ftwork LT off the freaking ball EVERY TIME.

Mike

7. Masler

Masler Moderator

I don't think he can mention anything.

8. NDCOLTS1979

No with the motion i believe that means the oline will have better footwork also. So your big time Pass blockers should handle the De most of the time

9. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Sounds good to me. I hope it works out well. It really seems that EA is listening to their market and headed in the right direction.

10. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

I have seriously been wondering about something for 2-3 years now. I know they added all these attributes that don't really seem to make a bit of difference. Was that in anticipation of upcoming features that will finally utilize these attributes? Like the footwork and strength for lineman, the power/finesse for DE/DT, the play recognition for defense and run/pass/PA plays. Just a few thoughts.

Mike

11. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

yea, i can talk about it once they announce it.

Im headed to a softball game right now, ill post a review on what i've seen and how it feels to me later tonight.

12. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

13. Sublime321

Sublime321 Walk On

Hey Rhyno, you said that this will play into the hands of a scrambling QB. This can be good or bad. Is it in a way that feels like you're watching VY at Texas...or does it seem like its going to get cheesy?

14. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Great write up Ryno I am getting excited!

15. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I love it!!

Hopefully this will cut down on the "ugh if this played like real life I would have broke that/picked that/sacked you/won the game" moments.

16. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Or the good old "how did your user safety turn around on a dime and intercept the ball intended for the receiver behind you". I've wanted this as well but even if it is executed right, I think it will kill the game for some guys.

17. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Good ish Ryno. Looks like it may suck to play random people online but good thing I'm in the friendly confines of TF

18. Rudy

Rudy Pumped for NCAA 11

I'm starting to get excited about NCAA 11. I have a good feeling about it.

19. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

it's good and bad IMO. The good.. athletic QB's will now be able to escape pressure with more success. DT's and DE's are not going to react to change of direction the same way, so it will be easier to break contain and make a play when things break down if you have an athletic guy.

It also brings back "the cutback" as a truely viable weapon in a RB's arsenal... if you want a big play in '11.. cut back against the grain, you might find some running room :)

The bad...It will be a focal point on someguys games who play online ranked type environment though, so expect some tricky stuff from the QB position this year if you play ranked EA games.

Really though, we can only hope EA tries to make things as realistic as possible and then play with our buddies we know are going to play it sim. There is always going to be the freestyle crowd, they play against the game, not really an opponent.

20. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Ryno could you touch on formation subs? I know that information has been released but I don't know how much you can say. I have heard over at NCAA strategies that essentially with formation subs you can put any player in any spot, including kickoff. It is frowned upon to move your #1 WR to the 5th spot on the depth chart to take advantage of a weaker DB, but with formation subs it will be incredibly difficult to monitor. What are your thoughts? Do you see this as a problem?

21. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Hopefully they fix the physics with a QB's release so that he can't escape everything, and throw off his back foot and across his body to an open WR.

I'm really excited about the additions, I just hope they make wholesale changes and not try to blend it with anything that the game does now...

22. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

This news makes me even more excited for '11!

23. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

we've always been of the mindset, if your going to throw to him the majority of the time he needs to be on the top 2 in your depth and spend most of his time lined up as such.. on the outside.

you can be creative and play them in the slot or inside in a trips every now and then, but as a general rule, until the defense gets the ability to assign defenders, you need to have your top WR's line up against one of their top 2 CB's.

24. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

@Ryno:

Comparing the new locomotion in NCAA 11 to Madden 10, do the players have that sort of feeling that they're running on ice?

25. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

it didn't feel as floaty as Madden, but not as firm as FIFA.. make sense?