New Non-Premier PS3 New Member League (Open)

Discussion in 'League Openings' started by onaradio34, Jul 17, 2012.

1. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

New TSO Members,

A brand new PS3 league is being opened up! We are a Big East/Big12/Pac12 dynasty with 4 members in each league. Each conference is headed by a TSO vet.

Edit 9/5: We have 2 openings in the Big 12 conference. We are currently heading into CCG week and will be in season 2 shortly. Please PM me or post your interest here http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/league-interset-and-waiting-list.81632/

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  2. hursty37

hursty37 Walk On

I am interested

3. Donkalion

Donkalion Walk On

I am interested

4. onaradio34

Got you both. Thanks guys. I'll keep you posted. Feel free to discuss possible setups here if until our forum gets setup.

5. Donkalion

Donkalion Walk On

will we be playing 1 or 2 games a week and how do the advances work?

6. Donkalion

Donkalion Walk On

Whats the name of the league?

7. onaradio34

No more than 3 days per andvance would be my preference. Guys can lose interest pretty fast if you start taking 4 and 5 days to advance.

We do not have a name yet. I'm brainstorming. Also, the league setup could cause this to change. Wouldn't want to be called Powerhouses and then decide on :2stars: teams, ya know.

8. Donkalion

Donkalion Walk On

i agree

9. Juicemann03

Juicemann03 Walk On

I am intrested

10. onaradio34

Awesome. I saw your app earlier and was waiting for approval before I PM'ed you.

hursty37 Donkalion Hang in there with me fellas. Looks like we had a run of xbox users today but hopefully some good PS3 applications will come rolling in shortly.

11. onaradio34

hursty37
    Donkalion
    Juicemann03

Just to get some conversation going while we wait for new applicants, let me get your thoughts on these.

1. Do you have a preference on the caliber of team you play with?

2. How do you feel about the coaching carousel feature?

3. How many games vs other users per season would you prefer?

4. Do you find it more interesting to be tighltly grouped geographically by teams, or spread out all over the map?

12. Donkalion

Donkalion Walk On

onaradio34 i am patient waiting but ready to get the season kicked off lol

1. Do you have a preference on the caliber of team you play with? In my opinion 5 and 6 caliber teams are easier to play with because of the good player but it does not matter to me I can play with any team.

2. How do you feel about the coaching carousel feature? I am not familiar with it elaborate a little lol

3. How many games vs other users per season would you prefer? Can we form our own conference of 12 and play a 12 game season 4 team playoff with national championship.
    1. 4. Do you find it more interesting to be tightly grouped geographically by teams, or spread out all over the map? Spread out it fine with me it give everyone a chance to play with there favorite team.

13. onaradio34

If coaching carousel is enabled, you create a new coach or take over for an existing one. You are given a contract and numerous goals that you need to attain to keep your job. The goals will vary depending of the caliber of program you take over. During the season your job security will go up and down depending on if you are winning and meeting the contractual goals. At the end of the year, many coaches are fired, promoted, offered contracted extensions. A popular OD format is to start at a 1 or 2 caliber team as either a coordinator or head coach and move up the ranks to more prestigious jobs. Set yourself up an offline dynasty and try it out.

There are drawbacks to this format though. 1) You had a lengthy process to your offseason 2) Users progress at different speeds which can cause one user to advance to a prestigous job like Alabama while others may still be stuck with a Sun Belt team. Also, if we get 3 seasons in and a user decides to retire from the dynasty, what do you do with the new member of the dynasty? Do you give him a job equal to that of the other users who have worked hard and earned their spot, or do you force him to start at the bottom, thus putting him 3 seasons behind other users.

I am not in favor of conference realignments outside of what is planned in real life. It can also become a barrier if someone drops the league and we need a new member. If we form a conference and someone chooses Texas, then drops the league, then anyone who joins is forced to take Texas. That said, if that is what the consensus wants, I will take a harder look at how we could possible make it work without member turnover affecting the longevity of the OD.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  14. Donkalion

Donkalion Walk On

I don't think i would like the coaching carousel simply for the fact of, if someone new comes in and jump to a top caliber team without putting in work to get there. Also if someone drop mid season, then the new comer will have to suck it up with the available team until the next season start plus that will give us a chance to see if they stick around.

15. hursty37

hursty37 Walk On

Just to get some conversation going while we wait for new applicants, let me get your thoughts on these.

1. Do you have a preference on the caliber of team you play with? I have always played in leauges where we started with 1-3 star teams and worked to build them up. I however do not have a preference on the caliber.

2. How do you feel about the coaching carousel feature? I am on the fence on this one. I usually roll my offline dynasties one of 3 ways.1) Pick a power house and no coach carousel. 2) Pick a low level school with no coach carousel and built it up. 3) start as an OC or DC at a low level school with coach carousel and see if I can land at a big time school. I enjoy all 3 styles. I can definitely see how the drawbacks you pointed out could effect a OD if someone retires.

3. How many games vs other users per season would you prefer? 3+ I feel the more you play other users the more intriguing the OD will be.

4. Do you find it more interesting to be tighltly grouped geographically by teams, or spread out all over the map? I do not think it matters much as long as we are playing a lot of user vs user games.

I am not a fan of realignment outside of what is planned in real life. Depending on how many user games per season we decide on one way to set it up could be. 2+ users per conference and atleast one of your out of conference games each year has to be against a user. that would insure plenty of user vs user games. Another way to set it up could be we pick a conference and everyone has to use a team from that conference (not sure how this way would go over).

That is all of my thoughts at this time. Lets hope for a run of PS3 players soon.

16. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

I'm definitely interested in the league.

1. Do you have a preference on the caliber of team you play with? I would rather start with a 2-3 star dynasty. Not a big deal though, I'll run with whatever.
    2. How do you feel about the coaching carousel feature? I like the coaching carousel. I think it gives the online dynasty even more to get excited about. I like building small schools into powerhouses. More of a challenge, imo.

3. How many games vs other users per season would you prefer? I run my own, independant league and we play between 5-7. I, personally, don't like playing the computer. The whole reason I love online so much is the competition involved. But again, I'm good either way.

4. Do you find it more interesting to be tighltly grouped geographically by teams, or spread out all over the map?
    Well conference wise, I like having 2 conferences. 6 teams in each. No matter where they are in the country. I don't really think that matters. Unless NCAA has gotten really evolved and included jet lag in this years game. Haha! No difference to me though

17. Donkalion

Donkalion Walk On

So Bayouchef are you a LSU fan?

18. LittleAppleSwag

LittleAppleSwag Walk On

I am interested in joining. My psn: ajkube_KSU

19. LittleAppleSwag

LittleAppleSwag Walk On

1. Do you have a preference on the caliber of team you play with? No I don't.

2. How do you feel about the coaching carousel feature? I am fine with keeping it or disabling it.

3. How many games vs other users per season would you prefer? 2-3

4. Do you find it more interesting to be tighltly grouped geographically by teams, or spread out all over the map? I find it better to be more spread out, but I'll play however.

20. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Yea, LSU fan for sure.

21. onaradio34

ThaBayouChef , I've got you down sir. I'll update the opening post when I get off work.

LittleAppleSwag , are you currently in any other OD here on TSO? For the moment I can only accept guys without a home. I just see you've been here for a weeks and don't want to go searching the site on my phone while at work.

22. mikeL9286

mikeL9286 Walk On

You can mark me down half way. But if it comes down to it and I can't use Miami, then I'm not interested. If that's not cool, I understand. Also, I'm in another OD right now that's using the big10. I didn't wanna back out after the conference was decided but I'm obviously not using Miami in that dynasty. So if this one starts up and I can, then I'd be able to keep up.

1. Do you have a preference on the caliber of team you play with?
    > The caliber of team that I'd like to play with is Miami.

2. How do you feel about the coaching carousel feature?
    > I haven't tried it yet but I'd be fine with that if others want to.

3. How many games vs other users per season would you prefer?
    > The more, the better. If we only have 2 or 3 games vs a user, then whats the point of being in an OD vs a regular dynasty?

4. Do you find it more interesting to be tightly grouped geographically by teams, or spread out all over the map?
    > Doesn't matter to me. The point of being grouped geographically in real life is to minimize cost for the programs and the fans. We obviously don't have to deal with that here.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  23. Scott Burgess

Scott Burgess Walk On

I'm interested. Have you all decided on a certain conference or caliber limit?

24. onaradio34

It's looking like the majority want to use some of the higher caliber schools. There's a good chance that would be a possibility for you. As of this moment, I can only take members not currently in a TSO OD. However, if we can't get this OD filled with new guys I can begin to fill still open slots with those already in one.

What I'm getting at here is recruiting battles. Virginia Tech and Tennessee have only played each other twice in the last 15 years but battle for recruits year in and year out. A dynasty formatted with 6 teams in the SEC and 6 teams in the ACC can be almost as interesting off the field as on because you will have users predominately in the southeast and targeting the same kids. While if we allow guys to pick any team they want and only one user goes out west, he really doesn't have to worry much about other users targeting his prospects. Like you said, if there is no competition among users, what's the point of online dynasty.

We have not. I will add you to the opening post.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  25. Donkalion

Donkalion Walk On

If anyone know someone that want to get in let them know we have open spots