New OD when 12 drops

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by jdrhammer, Jul 8, 2011.

1. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

What's up guys? Hope you all have been doing great. I've missed you guys, along with getting to meet/know some as well. I've been chatting with nkmi and lans, trying to figure out if I'll get to participate. It's basically my wife allowing me or not, or if I'm slick enough to get by without her catching on. Don't think B is really an option, so my options are pretty much limited.

I asked Lans today if there'd be any shot of maybe combining the ACC/SEC to have an OD between 12 dedicated users. By this I mean take roughly 6-8 SEC schools and 4-6 ACC schools and have less human vs human games. I'm all for the h vs h games, trust me, that's why I started this OD a few years ago. However, with participation dropping off some, maybe this will keep it alive.

Here's the example I thought of earlier:

Bama
    Auburn
    LSU
    Ole Miss
    Arkansas
    Florida*
    UGA
    Tennessee
    South Carolina*
    ...from the SEC, mainly take the most popular (Ole Miss fan here, that's why I listed them)

Then take some ACC schools...

FSU*
    Miami*
    Georgia Tech*
    Clemson*
    UNC (maybe since they'd kind of recruit against others)
    * denotes teams that will likely be required due to needing the rivalry between conferences

Basically take 12 of those. Most of them have a rivalry game with an in-state SEC school so that would be a h to h game. Then work in the schedule to have a set # of h to h games, roughly 4-6, it would be somewhat optional (this would cut down on the 8 played h to h games now). This might alleviate some of the strain to get games in and keep the OD going strong. There would be tricks that might need the ACC teams to be moved to one division to even out h to h games or something but that 's something I haven't looked into.

Now for the fun part. Instead of having to mainly fight off Florida and UGA for those FL recruits, Miami and FSU would be recruiting FL hard too so recruiting battles would be vicious. I can only imagine how intense this would get. I still remember getting some HB in 09 that LSU & UGA were all over too. I miss those battles.

Like I said, this is just an idea I had that would likely help me be involved in the OD again. Not trying to run things, just trying to run things by you. I wanted to discuss it more with Lans aka itsnotagame, but thought "what the heck?" This is a discussion board, and I miss it too, so let's discuss!!! Please offer any opinions or ideas.

• Like Like x 1
  2. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

No responses??? Really??? Don't feel bad if you disagree.

3. fsupenguin

fsupenguin Walk On

I think it is a good idea, I personally would love to run with the Noles in this new format. Only draw back I my work schedule is now 6-6, but with meetings and traffic it is more like 4:30-7 and there is a good chance I might have to have a few games simmed with my early bed time the nights before I work.

4. Itsnotagame

Itsnotagame Walk On

Sounds great to me it always hurt trying to find guys wanting to play as vandy, msu, and ole. Miss

5. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

I know there are several of you guys who are noles so y'all determine who gets them. I'd love Ole Miss if the current OM guy would allow. You guys just start throwing out suggestions so we can put a plan in place.

6. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

Penguin, no big deal. That's why I'm looking at 1-2 advances per week & less head to head games to schedule. It's hard for me now, as it is for you and others. I don't know how itsnotagame does it with a dozen ppl living in his house lol. It's funny how my life has changed. I didn't think I'd ever cut back on gaming.

7. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

Sounds great to me jd, great to see u back bro

• Like Like x 2
  8. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Amen...

9. nkmi1984

nkmi1984 Walk On

Whats up everyone? After the network was down I completely lost interest in my PS3, hopefully now ill get back into the swing of things. I hope you guys counted me in for the upcoming season.

I love JDs proposal and maybe it can help keep interest up and make user games more evenly matched.

Hope everyone is doing well, I'll be on the boards more often from now on.

Take care and talk soon.

10. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

This is just a prelim, pre-shot at teams.

I'd like Ole Miss if possible.

If smooth still wants South Carolina, great. It would be cool if someone took Clemson, maybe nkmi since they'd be in-star rivals, no big deal if nkmi still wants auburn. I was just thinking of those two going way back and fighting over a state.

Would Plex be interested in Ga Tech since he ran some fleXbox One stuff in the past? Just a thought.

I know Fordtuff used LSU in past OD's but it seemed like he was a Cane fan too so he might want to switch. It's up to him.

The main thing is get those 4-6 ACC teams filled. Then have everyone determine a # of user vs user games they can work into schedules. I would hope to get a low # like 3-4 just to be safe. Then we'd have to see if we needed to shift a team to a different division, that'd be last resort but it wouldn't really matter in some cases.

Just continue to share thoughts and discuss. I guess we'd need to lock down 12 dudes.

11. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

I'm counting 6 in this thread who've responded.

12. fsupenguin

fsupenguin Walk On

If someone else really wants the Noles that doesn't bother me as I will have them this coming season in the NDL, they are my first choice, but I would also be cool with Georgia, Florida, or Clemson.

13. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

Jd, u kno im willing to do whatever it takes to get this OD bwck up and running, ti have no team preference so if we have to use lsu of miami to reel some great coaches in then im alllllll for it, also guys, i'd personally like for everyone of u to get wn AIM account to strenghten our lines of communication, theres anaim app for botue droid and iphone too, we will always be connected this way in addition to the boards and texting

14. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

Cool. I was just using examples, & hoped I remembered correctly. We'll get it worked out.

15. nkmi1984

nkmi1984 Walk On

I will take any team, but preferably a spread team......either way im sure i can build them up.

16. Itsnotagame

Itsnotagame Walk On

I play when everybody else is sleep. My wife gives me some game time every week

17. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

Grove Walker said he'd join, so that makes 7 guys. Any others I don't know about who has played with you guys before, or in this OD?

18. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

Ill have some free time during this week, ill start searching for some guys

19. xassassin4lifex

xassassin4lifex Walk On

I would love to join in on your dynasty if there are any openings left. I will be very active, and I play fair. My old dynasty is no longer on this site as they moved and I love tradition sports so I wanted to stay around. If someone could let me know, I will play as anybody, no real preferences here. If openings are available, let me know. If not, good luck on your dynasty everyone.

20. xassassin4lifex

xassassin4lifex Walk On

Nevermind, I did not realize this for for the PS3. I am sorry, I have a 360. Sorry to bother you all.

21. fsupenguin

fsupenguin Walk On

So......................................

22. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Wow......sad place in here.

• Like Like x 1
  23. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

I want Ole Miss. Everyone state your team.

What rosters? GatorNuts or Gamingtailgate?... or are there others worth mentioning?

Let's get started this week.

24. fsupenguin

fsupenguin Walk On

Doesn't matter what rosters, as long as they names only. Just messes stuff up when they go changing the ratings.

25. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

Yeah, I prefer no major changes in ratings. I would kind of like the ones with players who are gone like Pryor etc. removed.