New Offseason Rule

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by BobJr, Mar 23, 2012.

1. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Alright guys!

Even though the discussion has grown about the RFA system today, we are going to keep it in place for the rest of this release. We can revisit this offseason (summer).

However, to add another thing to our league, the adminstration would like to introduce the....

Franchise Tag

The Franchise Tag will allow you to resign one of your RFAs to a contract. His first year salary must be equal to the average of the top 5 salaries at his position. Please be extremely aware of who you are tagging.

This offseason transaction will happen at the end of every HK season before we get to resignings. This player will not be allowed to be cut or traded during the duration of the contract.

We want you to think and use strategy on who you are tagging. We will be releasing the Top 5 Average Salary for our 2016 Offseason in another post tonight.

Thanks,
    Bobby and the Admin team!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
    • Like Like x 9
  2. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

3. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    Is the Franchise Tag a one year contract or is it like resigning the player to a 3 year deal? Also, can it be used on the same player in consecutive seasons?

4. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    It's going to be like a resigning.

5. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

To add to this basically the contract might as well be seen as fully guaranteed because you will not be trading or cutting this player for the duration of the contract.

• Like Like x 1
  6. pitt4life21

pitt4life21 RTJR!

Wow yesterday I was just think it would be nice if we had a franchise tag and now here it is. Nice I like this idea a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  7. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Bob, you can manually edit/enter one year contracts in the admin controls if you want the tags to reflect what they should be (instead of a multi-year deal). That is, I'm assuming, if you are using XFN for your salary cap mgmt.

8. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Yea. He was talking about if it's going to be as a 1 yr tag or a normal resigning.

9. CeeGee

CeeGee Block-O-Nation

I like this idea.

After each team posts their Franchise Tag player, you can just edit the Contract on XFN and enter the amount as the Bonus (since its all guaranteed) and just set the "salary" at $0.

I wanna be in HK next year, for sure... You guys are really on top of things... Most leagues are folding around this time, but you guys are running strong it seems...

If I had more time I would join now :(

BobJr

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012