New OMFL Cap system - a synopsis

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

New OMFL Cap system - a synopsis

Okay, I was asked to speed up the education process a bit by some folks.

So, here goes: the OMFL is going to attempt a conversion process that seems radical in scope, but makes the push for the ultimate in realism in Madden online franchise on the internet today.

We are working to convert from a points-based system to a cash system.

I spent a good bit of time away from the OMFL working on this system, and I think that it is by far the most realistic representation of the salary cap that is out there, period.

This cash based system is, I'm not gonna lie to you all, a bit more complex than our "old" points based system. It incorporates base salaries for all players, bonuses based on quality of player, grading of positions, and the like.

The system will change how we do free agency bids, as well as how cap hits are figured.

I have gone through and done the default Madden 11 rosters as EA has presented them using the new cap structure. I also did a document that goes over piece by piece the new cap system. The links to both are below.

I encourage ALL owners, both those in the league currently, AND those hoping to join, to look at BOTH documents and ask ANY questions you have of them to the board, or myself. As the designer of the system, I may have answers that a board member may not have. All the board members are aware of the new system and its new nuances though, so any questions you have they should be able to answer.

Without further ado, here are the links to the systems:

Cap Book:
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...ejQzdzlHcHZoamc&hl=en&authkey=CKiXjOcD#gid=33

Rules for cap book:
    https://docs.google.com/document/ed...o5yLlDa6ltz2U_oMVhkAY&authkey=CKLV6ZkN&hl=en#

Again, please ask any and all questions you have! This system is dependent on the participation and knowledge of the owners, and with the OMFL's owner base, I know that you guys can make this work and make this the best league for Madden on the PS3 out there, period.

2. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Guys, we have (with HUGE efforts from Win and the Board), came up with the most realistic cap system out on the market. The OMFL is taking strides to give you owners the most realistic experience on the net today. Nothing comes even close to this system.

Please give us your input.

3. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

I like it, even if it's a little complicated to process at first. The rules are pretty clearly written out though

4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I have some previous experience writing up rulebooks involving numbers and the like. I'm a nerd in that fashion.

5. VishaL

VishaL OMFL Eagles / PMFL Seahawks

Why is Ryan Matthews in purple and paid more than sporals, is it a 1st round pick rookie scale?

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I don't think I stated it in the rulebook, but because salaries didn't work out on some players, if you see a player in purple on the cap book, that player was a 1st round selection in this past April's draft.

Those purple players are paid based on where they were drafted in April. ONLY the first rounders from this past draft were done in this fashion, and done for all teams.

So, you are correct in your assumption, Vishal. Good job! :)

7. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Wow, that's some top notch shit man. Nice work on the money system.

8. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I got an early peek at it and still enjoy looking at all the hard work win did. Glad to have you back.

9. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I think its time for you to join OMFL G

10. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Thanks. Always like getting compliments from other people not in the OMFL. :)

11. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

I am thinkin about it. Can I get my Cowboys? LoL

Season Ticket Holder here.

12. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

Oops!
    ... Winuvas did it again.
    he played with your heart.
    Got lost in the game.
    Oh, baby; baby.

Great job Win.

13. natedawg212000

OK, that freaked me out just a little bit Claven LOL :)

14. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

pretty sure thats not gonna happen G. dont worry im running with the lions even though im a titans fan. the league is too awesome to pass up on.

15. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Lets leave the Britney out of these threads, unless were gonna post scantily dressed pics from her early years....

16. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Wow. I don't know what to say to that. Ummm.....

Yeah.....

17. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Okay, most of you here in the league know me and know how much I like to type a good game. Anyway, apparently I got a little wordy on the rulebook and I've gotten some feedback on verbage that was confusing.

In an effort to make this as painless as a new process can be, I went through and edited the rulebook. PLEASE take a gander at it and make sure it is as clear as can be. Thanks guys!

18. Big D

Big D Walk On

Is there any room for Britney in your Gaga filled world?

19. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I'd take Britney circa 2001 over most women, especially those that have a penis.

20. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Just want to bump this since it's important towards our movement to Madden '11.

21. natedawg212000

A little bump. 2 more weeks until kickoff

22. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Bumping for update status: After some feedback from Mustang, I realized that I was inadvertently adding the headers in the "overall" field as PLAYERS. Words aren't players! Oops. My bad.

It is now correct and all teams now reflect the correct amount of players. Was wondering how everyone for the most part had more than 55 players. Now I know - I am an idiot. LOL

Anywho, get ready for Madden in 4 days!

23. Gabeastmode

Gabeastmode Walk On

Nice system looks hard

24. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Once you get the gist of how it works I think it will work out for everyone as a simpler system than our points system used to be.

If you want though, we have a thread set up for any questions, or if you want to PM me or AIM me and I am available I can answer anything you might be worried about.