New OMFL Salary Cap System - Part 1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jeremy, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

New OMFL Salary Cap System - Part 1

The OMFL is ready to take the next step in Madden Online League dominance. And this step comes in the form of a new salary cap system.

This new system is the brainchild of an old OMFL friend & owner whom has comeback from his long hiatus. That special someone is Winuvas.

We will be releasing a different aspect of the new system every couple days or so and let you ladies slowly digest the new information. Most of you guys brains are too fried from the booze, Acapulco gold or reruns of Seinfeld to handle it all at once.

Take your time to read and understand it and you can post any questions or concerns that you may have and Winuvas or another board member can try and answer them.

Remember this is a work in progress.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the OMFL cap book rulebook. This document will hopefully help all owners understand the radical, but more realistic, new structure of the cap book and answer any questions and concerns they may have about this new structure.

New Way versus Old Way

The old cap book was efficient, and worked for our needs, but never really “felt†like a real NFL cap book. The points based system, while working, still had lots of loopholes as far as cap hits, trades, and other things that the normal, realistic NFL cap would not have. The new way seeks to eliminate those loopholes with different ways of looking at the value of players and consequences for trading/cutting players from the start of the online franchise. The new way seeks to put dollar values on every player in the NFL based on their overall, just like the point system did. However, the similarities end there. There are now four things taken into account when figuring a player’s cap value to a team. They are the overall rating of the player, the base salary, the base bonus, and the position modifier. All four are explained below, so have no fear.

Overall Rating

Just like with the points system, this system packages overall ratings together in small groups to assign a player their minimum base salary, and minimum bonus paid out. A chart is provided below to show how a player’s overall affects their base salary and bonus. Simply locate the player’s overall in the chart and read across to find the player’s base salary and their base bonus. If a zero shows, that means the player gets no bonus.

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Overall Rating Base Salary Base Bonus (if any)[/B]
    0-50 $150,000 0
    51-55 $200,000 0
    56-60 $250,000 0
    61-65 $300,000 $10,000
    66-70 $400,000 $25,000
    71-75 $500,000 $50,000
    76-80 $600,000 $100,000
    81-85 $750,000 $250,000
    86-90 $1,000,000 $500,000
    91-94 $2,000,000 $750,000
    95-99 $3,000,000 $1,000,000

Base Salary

Base salary is determined by a player’s overall rating. This is the minimum salary that a player of this caliber will accept to play for a team.

Base Bonus

Base bonuses are, hopefully, just like signing bonuses are in the real NFL. These are incentives for a player to sign with a ball club. These bonuses will also affect a team if the player is cut, as cap hits will be figured off of a player’s bonus. This is designed to work like guaranteed money in the real NFL.

TO BE CONTINUED.......

2. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

The league is gonna love the new cap book. It's looks pretty freakin sweet..

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

This new system is proof positive that I wasn't just sitting around after I left the OMFL. I had worked on it a little before I left, as some of your can attest, but I tinkered with it off and on for a few months trying to make it work as easy, but as realistic, as positive.

I think all the owners will enjoy the new system once they get the rules down. Between some brainstorming from a few people (to those who helped, thank you!) and tinkering with the numbers, I think that, once this whole rulebook is revealed, you'll be even more proud to say you are a member of the most realistic Madden league out there. Period.

My gift to the OMFL. And very glad to do it as well.

As Jeremy said, any questions on any thing, no matter how silly you think the question might be, ASK ME.

4. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

I would help finish this explanation, but I am not sure where Jeremy is going so I am going to let him finish this off.

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Hey Nate when you can hit me up on AIM.

6. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Looks good brothers, one of my grips was "points" instead of "dollars." I dont know if your gonna just set it up the simple way and say that players with an overall of X gets Y dollars for the duration of the time on that team. Something i just thought off would be different paths of payment, path A would be big bonus with small salary that slowly grows and maxs on final year, path B would be average bonus and a consistant pay during the duration on contract, and path C would be small bonus, Front loaded contract that decreases season after season.

Just bounce some ideas off the wall. So far so good, im super excited with what has been revealed.

7. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Also i dont know how yall are going to determine the salary cap to start off with. In madden 10, i got the titans and they started almost 20 over the cap with the defualt rosters which kinda sucked and limited what moves i could make in the first season besides cutting ppl. Maybe average the top 10 salaries and make that the cap or average all 32 teams, i dunno, once again im just bouncing some ideas off the wall

8. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Hey Ox, hit me up on AIM and I might be able to answer some questions for you. If you would like that is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.