New Orleans Hornets, Can they get out of the grasp of David Stern? (Offline Dynasty)

Discussion in 'NBA 2K' started by kdpnutter, Apr 6, 2012.

1. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

[​IMG]
    New Orleans Hornets are the red-headed step child of the NBA currently as right now David Stern owns the team and their two big valuable assets in David West and Chris Paul were both gone this off-season. David West signed in Indiana and Paul, well we know Paul is now with the Clippers. This offline Dynasty will be done both on the court and off with some dialog to David Stern for any trades or financial transaction as well as the pursuit of a new owner.
    Starting Lineup:
    PG Jarrett Jack
    Jack will take over for the recently departed Chris Paul, Jack has some large shoes to fill and will be asked to manage the game. We don't need 20+ points a night from him, more close to a serviceable point guard. We need some solid defense and distribute the ball
    SG Eric Gordon
    One of the key pieces got in the deal for Chris Paul, Gordon comes over as one of the top young talents in the NBA and looks to be the future of the Hornets. Having not taken a look at his contract yet it might be one of the first thing's that the Hornets will need to talk to commissioner Stern about is making sure to lock in Gordon for a while.
    SF Trevor Ariza
    Ariza was traded to New Orleans last year and is as much of a lock down defender as they come as well as a man that can throw it down and hit the 3. Ariza is going to be expected to help carry the scoring load along with Eric Gordon.
    PF Emeka Okafor
    Okafor moves from the center position to the power forward spot to make room for the recently acquired Chris Kaman. Okafor has one job and one job only, rebound the basketball! Okafor is expected to by one of the best rebounders in the league and is going to be sole responsible to rebound the ball, if he can score a couple points that will be good but we want some tough defense and rebounding.
    C Chris Kaman
    Kaman will get the start in the middle and is probably here for one year only as his expiring contract helps the financially strapped Hornets and leads them to hopefully try and keep some of the talent they got from the Paul trade. Kaman is a big body and helps keep some wear and tear off of Okafor and can help team the younger Okafor as well as the Mexican rookie Gustavo Ayon who will back up Kaman.
    Sixth Man: F Al-Farouq Aminu
    Aminu will come in and spell Ariza as Aminu is expected to be the spark plug off the bench. Aminu needs to be able to come in and get some points as well as keep Ariza fresh.
    Role Player: G Marco Belinelli
    Belinelli will help spell the often injured Gordon and keep him fresh and will be expected to hit some shots for the Hornets especially the 3 ball.
    Remainder of the Bench:
    C Gustavo Ayon (Rookie)
    F/C Jason Smith
    F Carl Landry
    G Xavier Henry
    F Lance Thomas (Rookie)/Prospect will start in the D-league
    F Chris Johnson
    G Greivis Vasquez
    I will be doing a 29 game season and using custom sliders download from 2k share. I will be playing each game 10 minute quarters with the SIMs being 12 minute quarters. I will do a write up following each game as well as some extras in regards to any big happenings in the NBA or any dialogue with David Stern and the quest for an owner.

2. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

[​IMG]
    s​
    New Orleans General Manager Dell Demps is sitting in his office looking over the roster as well as payroll for the upcoming season as his cell phone rings and when looking at the name of the caller Demps cringes a little bit when he sees "David Stern".​
    [​IMG]
    Good afternoon Mr. Commissioner, what can I do for you today?
    Dell, I'm calling for a specific purpose I just wanted to let you know of your most recent acquisition.....
    Acquisition? Mr. Commissioner I didn't put any paperwork for any type of transaction........
    Dell, this is something I did for the team since I am in charge of it I am able to make any transactions that I see fit.
    I understand that Mr. Commissioner but......
    There are no but's in this matter Dell. I have signed a new center for the team to play behind Chris Kaman. Kaman is going to split time with this man as time progresses but we need to get him in playing shape first. Dell, I've signed C Greg Oden to a 2 year deal.
    Greg Oden? Mr. Commissioner isn't he coming off his third micro-fracture surgery? Is this in the best interest of the team?
    Dell, the man is a former number one overall pick and I will not let a former number one pick falter out of the league if I can help it. It will be up to your medical staff to keep him on the floor. Quite frankly Dell, you should be thanking me for giving you a former number one pick.
    Ah, thank you sir? I just don't understand with having drafted Gustavo Avoy......
    Dell, I've got to go, make this work, whether you want too or not it is a done deal. Greg should be arriving tomorrow and I expect him in game one.
    Yes Mr. Comm..........
    Before he can get out his last sentence the phone clicked and the call ended. Now with Greg Oden joining the Hornets by order of the commissioner what is the Hornets lineup going to look like? What other surprises might the commissioner spring on GM Dell Demps?
    New Orleans (more in particular David Stern) signs Greg Oden to a 2 year deal worth 10.56 million

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  3. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

should be interesting dynasty, i'll be following who's next we shall see, maybe Kobe to the Hornets??? J/k :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Hornets lose opener against Orlando 91-85
    [​IMG]
    Dwight Howard would lead the Orlando Magic in to face the New Orleans Hornets to open the season, new acquisition Greg Oden was on the bench for the Hornets. J.J. Redick would lead all scorers as he scored 19 points in the game. Emeka Okafor would lead the Hornets in scoring with a double double 14 points and 10 rebounds. Superman Howard would have a huge game for the Magic with 17 points and 18 rebounds and 2 blocks. Orlando would go 13-35 from 3-point land and star Eric Gordon had a game to forget as Gordon would score 7 points on a 3-22 performance. Greg Oden would play 12 minutes and surprisingly played well with 4 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists. However, Oden would go down in the 3rd quarter with what is being described as a lower back strain. Oden will miss 1-2 weeks.​
    Orlando Magic Leaders:
    SG J.J. Redick 19 points, 1 assist, 1 steal, 7-12 FG, 3-7 3-Pt​
    SG Jason Richardson 18 points, 3 rebounds, 1 steal, 3 blocks 6-17 FG, 5-12 3-PT​
    C Dwight Howard 17 points, 18 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 blocks 8-17 FG​
    New Orleans Hornets Leaders:
    PF Emeka Okafor 14 points, 10 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal, 6-11 FG​
    SF Trevor Ariza 13 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 steals, 1 block, 5-6 FG, 3-4 3-PT​
    SF Al-Farouq Aminu 12 points, 2 rebounds, 5-5 FG, 2-2 3-PT​
    SG Eric Gordon 7 points, 3 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal, 1 block, 1 TO, 3-22 FG, 1-13 3-PT​
    Hornets will host the 2-0 Los Angeles Lakers in their next game.​

5. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

[​IMG]
    After the loss on opening night, GM Dell Demps was already not in a good mood and the mood was about to get worse as his phone rang and the familiar name of his "boss" Commissioner David Stern showed up on the caller ID.
    Good Evening Mr. Commissioner.
    Tough loss out there tonight Dell, Eric did not play up to expectations tonight and that is not a good thing.
    I understand Mr. Commissioner, no one feels worse than he does after the effort the rest of his teammates made. Eric is taking it hard but now there gearing up for the Lakers. Emeka had a great game tho with a nice double-double and gave Dwight Howard a run for his money.
    Dell, I didn't really call to talk about Eric or the game. I want to know the status of Greg Oden, why was he not in the game after he went down in the 3rd?
    After being checked out by the medical staff and some more tests were run it was determined he had a lower back strain, Greg said it's probably because he hasn't had much time to warm up and get into playing shape........
    Mere excuses Dell, I want him back and playing ASAP, tell your medical staff he is now priority number one I want him back on the court.
    Yes sir, as soon as he is healthy we will.......
    There is no as soon as he is healthy Dell, I want him mended up as soon as possible and back on the floor. It is bad business to not have a number one pick on the floor. Make it happen, I don't care how you do it just do it.
    Yes Mr. Commissioner, I was wondering also the status of trying to get a permanent owner for the team?
    Don't worry about that Dell, you just do what your told and if I find an acceptable owner you'll know about it, until then you answer to me. Now get back to getting Greg back on the floor.

We will get to......
    The unmistakable click on the other end and the screen reading "Call Ended" and Dell is left now with having to get Greg Oden on the floor and still the search for an owner wasn't appearing to be anywhere in the near future.​
    Son of a......."If I find an acceptable owner you'll know about it, until then you answer to me" "Go fix Greg, get him back on the floor, I don't care about the rest of the team" he would drive anyone crazy! Alright well I better go see what we can do for Greg.

6. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

1 game in and Oden is already hurt. I love this game.

Nice work kdpnutter

7. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Thanks, yeah I figured the story will be interesting with Oden, but there are more twists and turns around the corner, it was weird cause I hit a nice fadeaway jumper with Oden from about 10 feet out and then as he landed he just laid down on the ground clutching his back, so in actually yes he is in fact hurt in case someone was wondering. Hopefully you'll all enjoy it as it goes along. (y)

8. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

(Sorry for the long delay been busy with getting ready for the field, should get a few updates this weekend)​
    [​IMG]
    Trevor Ariza's tough defense on Kobe and the Hornets tough defense as a team leads to a 92-85 victory!
    Hornets played at home against the Lakers and without new big man Greg Oden. New Orleans would change things up defensively after the past success in guarding Kobe, Trevor Ariza would be given the assignment of keeping Kobe in check and he did great with that. Eric Gordon came a live a little with 18 points to lead the Hornets and the big man Chris Kaman and Jarrett Jack both had double doubles as Emeka Okafor had foul trouble and only played 14 minutes this game. Hornets even the season at 1-1 and look to their next game on the road against the Atlanta Hawks.
    Los Angeles Lakers Top Players:
    PF Pau Gasol 19 pts, 16 rebs, 1 ast, 1 blk​
    SG Kobe Bryant 16 points, 3 ast, (6-20 FG, 2-10 3-PT)​
    C Andrew Bynum 12 pts, 10 rebs​
    New Orleans Hornets Top Players:
    SG Eric Gordon 18 pts, 6 rebs, 4 ast, 1 stl (7-17 FG, 2-10 3-PT)
    C Chris Kaman 15 pts, 14 rebs, 3 ast​
    PG Jarrett Jack 14 pts, 5 rebs, 10 asts​
    David Sterns comments in a text message after the game:
    "It was good to see a win, I want an update on Greg as soon as possible. I am disappointed in Eric Gordon for not shooting better, you need to fix this Dell before I need to fix it."

9. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

[​IMG]
    After the game against the Lakers, General Manager Dell Demps comes to the podium to answer a few questions.​
    Dell, Eric Steele Associated Press, what was the rational behind the signing of the often injured Greg Oden for a team with such a small budget that is currently being run by the league?
    Eric, the move was made to sign Greg and we are glad to have him here, our goal is to get him back on the floor and contributing to this team.
    Dell, we have heard rumors that in fact it was the call of Commissioner Stern to sign Greg, any truth to the rumor?
    Greg is a member of the Hornets and we are trying to get the best out of the former number one overall pick, it doesn't matter who signed him.
    Dell, Jeff Duncan The Times-Picayune. Great win tonight against the Lakers, Trevor really seemed to do a great job with Kobe. What called for the switch of Ariza to guard Kobe instead of Eric? Also Eric had 18 points tonight but still struggled shooting any reason behind this?
    Trevor has had success with guarding Kobe in the past and is one of the top defenders in the league so to put him on Kobe was a great call by Monty. Eric has had a little struggles with his shot but he will come around he is a great young talent and we hope to keep him here in New Orleans for a while.
    Dell, it was told today to the associated press from an unnamed source that Commissioner Stern is very frustrated with Eric and is already putting his name out there for trade. Any comment?
    First I have heard of it, and if something was going to happen with Eric I would know about it, after all I am the General Manager. You can't believe every rumor that hits the newspaper or news. Thank you all very much that is all the time I have tonight.
    Dell leaves off the podium and makes a quick text message to the Commissioner asking about these rumors of the Eric Gordon thing slightly worried about his prized player from the Chris Paul deal.

Last edited: May 22, 2012
  10. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

I love this dynasty so far. Awesome take with the Stern factor, keep it up.

11. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

[​IMG]
    Hornets come up big defensively in the 4th to pull out the 83-82 win at home!
    New Orleans got the big win against the Atlanta Hawks being lead by Trevor Ariza and Emeka Okafor. Ariza would take the tough assignment of Joe Johnson and played fairly well against him. Johnson would score 21 points but went just 8-18 from the field and 0-2 from 3-PT range. New Orleans went into the 4th with a lead and the Hawks came storming back at the end until on the final possession Joe Johnson one-on-one went against Ariza and missed the 18 foot jump shot with a hand in his face and Emeka Okafor came up with the rebound.
    Atlanta Hawks Top Players
    SF Joe Johnson 21 pts, 3 rebounds, 1 blk
    C Al Hortford 15 pts, 12 rebounds, 3 assists​
    PF Josh Smith 12 points, 17 rebounds 1 ast, 1 stl, 3 blk​
    New Orleans Top Players
    SF Trevor Ariza 19 pts, 11 rebounds, 2 ast, 1 blk
    PF Emeka Okafor 12 pts, 13 rebounds, 5 ast, 1 blk,​
    PG Jarrett Jack 12 pts, 1 rebound, 10 assists, 1 stl​
    6 players in double figure scoring for the Hornets and a good solid win...........except for one player Eric Gordon who went just 4-14 and 3-9 from 3-PT land. Gordon was said to have stated after the game his mind is preoccupied with all this talk about him being traded and the fact that he loves it in New Orleans and wants to stay but just hates the uncertainty.​

12. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

This will be on hiatus while I'm on my field training exercise so look for updates upon my return.

13. Cody

Cody Walk On

lol David Stern, love it

14. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

[​IMG]
    Hornets General Manager Dell Demps sees the image come up on NBA TV, with the line reading SG Eric Gordon and C Gustavo Ayon has been sent to Memphis in exchange for SG O.J. Mayo and a 1st round pick in 2012. Demps jaw hits the floor as the image sticks in his mind. Demps looks at the screen and hears the commentary from the broadcasters stating the deal came directly from Commissioner Stern with the approval of the Hornets brass. Stern is shown on the screen discussing the deal.
    This deal is one for the present and future of the Hornets. Eric came over and just hasn't seemed at home here in New Orleans and we were approached by Memphis in regards to this deal and as the current owner of the Hornets I looked at the deal from a business aspect and saw it as a good long term security at SG with OJ who is a top 15 player in the league in my opinion and the first round pick will help build this team. We wish nothing but the best for Eric and Gustavo in their endeavors in Memphis. We will continue to explore all potential deals for the betterment of the Hornets and in their quest for a future owner of the team and to be one of the top teams in the league.​
    Demps just looks on in disbelief as his phone begins to ring and he looks down and sees the image of David Stern on it. Demps picks the phone up and ignores the call afraid of what he might say right now.

Finalized Deal:
    SG Eric Gordon​
    C Gustavo Ayon​
    for​
    SG OJ Mayo​
    2012 First Round Pick​