New Plays - Likes and Dislikes

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Thankfully, there's a lot more here to like than to dislike. so I'll start with the dislike:

1. The 4-6 set is gone, but the 4-6 Bear remains. That sucks, 'cuz that was a switch I was planning to make.
    2. The glitchy play calling out of custom books. I hope there's a fix for that soon.
    3. Where is my Wilcat Twins set? I wanted to work 2 or 3 versions of the Wildcat into my offense, but it looks like my options are limited.

Now, the likes:

1. The playbook options are nearly endless. I am going to be tweaking endlessly.
    2. The new Badger stuff in the I-Twin TE set. I like the pre-snap motion and all the variations. Wish they added it to the Strong and Weak sets also, but I think I'll be using this stuff.
    3. Improved Read Option and Pistol Read Option. I'll be keeping this stuff in my book.
    4. I can get off a PA pass this year, even from the gun.
    5. The new coverage improvements discourage the "bombs away" stuff from previous years. playbooks and play calls will likely be much more realistic now.
    6. The 1-5-5. I know some guys will call it broken, as they do every year with every defense but two, but I like the add, and I plan to use it here and there as a change of pace D against the Spread.

Overall, lots to like. I think it's going to be a fun experience once we work out some of the early glitches.

2. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I've been labbing playbooks all day long. Looks like I'm staying pro style, but I think some shotgun sets just got more appealing now that the read operates a little more smoothly. The Wildcat is probably out, though.

Probably 3 or four ACE sets, a bunch of two back, and maybe half a dozen shotgun sets with no more than four wides. I think this is likely where I'll end up, but I'm still nowhere close to ready.

Any issues with the 4-2-5 in this year's game? I'm short at LB and have extra SS, so I thought I might give it a try.