New Premier West Coast/Late Night League (Xbox)

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by Dru50, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I will be heading up the other new xbox premier league for NCAA 2012, which will be specifically geared toward guys who live on the west coast or who may work an unusual schedule.

The specific format of the league (conferences and teams) will be determined in discussions amongst the members once the league roster is finalized.

Guys who will be good fits in this league will fit the following profile:

• You are available to play generally each night between 9pm-12am PST as well as be available sometime during the weekend afternoons. This is the key thing I'm looking for, so please don't apply if you live in the EST/CST time zones and wouldn't be available to play during these hours.
    • The league will look to advance quickly, with users generally allowed 24 hours for CPU games and up to 48 hours for user games. I will stick to a general rule that if you can't meet a deadline you will be simmed, which will apply to everyone at all time, no favorites. I'm not looking for guys who are in 3-5 OD's every year, and will be expecting the guys in this league to make it their NCAA priority.
    • Forum participation will be important, not optional. I'm looking for guys who are willing to add a bit to the discussion beyond the weekly game summaries.
    • The league will likely play on AA settings (default) to start, and I will make minor adjustments to sliders once per season once sufficient data on CPU/USER issues are available. If you are a Heisman difficulty junky or slider freak who wants to tweak things after every week or start with heavily modified sliders, this league won't be your cup of tea.
    Most of the rest of the league rules and set-up will be up for discussion prior to kicking off NCAA 2012.

If you are interested, please post your information here and PM me with why you'd be interested in joining up. I'd like to have some discussions prior to the draft with all members who are interested. For ease of me verifying that you fit the schedule we'll be looking for, I'd appreciate it if you include information in your post regarding where you live and what your usual gaming hours are. If you'd like, please feel free to post about any other commissioners or veteran members who could give me some insight into your play-style and forum participation.

Thanks everyone, and I look forward to hearing from you guys.

2. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Well you know who I am. I am definitely am interested in this league. live currently in Washington State on the coast where the weather is shitty. My availability hours will be any time after 7:30 PST, and on weekends, and if you want references please consult recchem2000, bravejaf, and JCspartan. I am sure they will all put the good word in for me.

3. Dru50

Thanks wazzu, I think you and recchem are fairly likely to be picked up for this;).

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Im interested :D

5. Dru50

I know there are more than 3-4 west coast guys on the site, come out-come out wherever you are....

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Come on PST guys and late nighters...I know you are out there. Don't be shy!

7. Dru50

To clarify - if you live in the CST/MST/EST time zones and keep late hours, such that you would be available to play in the evenings around 9pm PST, please contact me.

8. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

@cnic75 - wasn't sure if you saw this, just know that you typically need to play your games pretty late

9. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

brave, thanks for the heads up. I did see it but I think it would be too late for me. I am pretty sure I am going to be able to start playing my user games a little earlier.

10. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

I'm interested, sent you a pm.

• Like Like x 1
  11. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

I may be interested.. I'm usually more of a Heisman guy and like more user games than CPU games. I'm and EST guy but really nights would only be a problem on Mondays and Wednesday, and I usually can get games in on those days post Midnight EST.

12. Dru50

Feel free to shoot me a pm and we can discuss further if you are interested (in an effort to keep this thread a bit uncluttered). Thanks.

13. Dru50

One last bump before the draft hits in May. PM me if you are interested in this new league for NCAA 2012.