New PS3 Dynasty - "The Dad Life"

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by Archie Griffin, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

New PS3 Dynasty - "The Dad Life"

I'm looking for a few good guys ... like these guys.​

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DOKuSQIJlog&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DOKuSQIJlog&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]​

The Dad Life is a league for all you proud papas out there. We're busy. We're overworked. We play at night, after we have tucked everyone in, and on weekends, when we're not grilling something. But we're still fans, and we want a place to compete and have some fun. This is that place.

Some of you might remember me from my OFFL days on the 360. Well, I'm back, with a new system and a new approach to the game. Many of you guys have busy home lives, and may not be able to keep up with some of the killer schedules some of the more intense leagues demand of you. Well, this might be the place for you. Here's what it's going to look like:

Teams: Any. Play any team from any conference, big or small. Just play YOUR team. Worrying about who picks what squad, or which team gives you the best shot at a title - this is not what we're about. If you went to WKU, man up and play your school. (I'm a Columbus guy, so I must ask you to forgive my own apparent front-runner choice, but I do so love my Buckeyes)

Schedule: I'm not going to mess with it much. There is no "required" number of user games, though we will try to set it up how the users want it. But I want to make sure the guy playing San Jose State has just as much fun as the guy playing in the Big Ten, so I'm going to see to it that no one is unreasonably handicapped by a schedule that puts their two-star team up against the impossible. If you're into user games, though, you will have them.

Settings: AA difficulty, 7-8 minute quarters. We'll be adjusting this stuff as we go. Scores go up, difficulty goes up. Beat a top ten with a scrub team, difficulty goes up. We adjust until we get sim results. Difficulty will be based on how the users perform.

Recruiting: Again, we'll base it on performance. If user squads snatch up all the talent in an unrealistic way, we'll up the difficulty or restrict in whatever way the guys want. We want competition and a reasonable level of success and failure, just like the real thing.

In a nutshell, The Dad Life is going to be a super-sim, yet casual league. Stick jocks need not apply. Stat cravers and award junkies who run five plays and work every gimmick need not apply. Hyper-competitive cry-babies who cry foul after every loss need not apply. Average guys with average skills and average amounts of time to give to the league ... you're my guys.

Thanks,

AG

2. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

I would like to join.

3. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Sure thing. You got time, though? Looks like you got a long list of commitments. I don't want to be the straw that breaks the camel's back, if you know what I mean.

I'm assuming you'd like 'bama. That correct?

4. brucebond

brucebond Walk On

i just submitted my application. this league sounds like it's right up my alley. If i'm approved, i would love to join.

5. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Thanks for the heads up. I'll wait for the approval, but hold the team. The guys are usually pretty quick about it.

AG

6. Goose

Goose Walk On

I'd love to join if approved. I'm a Buckeye at heart but I graduated Kent State, so I'd take them if available.

7. djnnfl

djnnfl Walk On

i would like to join also if approved... an roll with michigan.

8. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I graduated Ohio U - several times. I'm also trying to convince a buddy of mine to join. If he will only play as OSU, I may play the Bobcats and give you someone to play against.

Ahh ... a nemesis. Nice.

9. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I would like to join...and I would like to roll with South Carolina

10. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Sounds good.

I'm going to post a tentative list in a few minutes, and a quick note about the formation of the league.

11. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Man Archie, glad to see you back in the fold.

To new members, this is the guy you want to play with.

12. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Thanks for the vote of confidence, and it's nice to see some class representing my Bucks in my old stomping grounds. I like what you guys have done with the dynasty. It looks like things are still going strong.

13. tunaman08

tunaman08 Walk On

I would love to join. This sounds like exactly what I do every night. Sadly my Western Illinois Leathernecks are not available, so Penn State if avail.

14. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

There's always TeamBuilder. We could bump a MAC school and create the dreaded Western-Northern Illinois rivalry.

Just a thought. Once your app gets processed, I'll put you on the list.

15. tunaman08

tunaman08 Walk On

I am new to the site, where do I get an APP?

16. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Teambuilder is an EA thing. It's part of the game. You can create a team and then import it into a dynasty.

I just checked, and they have your logos and everything already built into the system.

I haven't really thought about adding a TB team, because they can't be removed if a member quits, but if you get all geeked up by the idea, and you think you can stick for the long haul, I'll consider it. Here:

http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#/home

Goof around with it, and see what you think.

17. tunaman08

tunaman08 Walk On

O yeah, I know what TB is, I was wondering where I fill out the Application to join the league...is that just the New Member thing we fill out? or something else?

18. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

There's no app for the league. I have you on my list. I'm going to wait for your new member app to be approved, but that's as much as I need.

19. brucebond

brucebond Walk On

20. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

This is the app that tuna posted, and it's the only one he needs to fill out. I think we're good. One of the guys will come along and approve the app or maybe ask a follow up question or two, but there are no more steps in the process. We just have to wait a bit for approval before formally adding tuna. I'll hold the spot.

Good to see guys helping out, though. It's a good sign.

21. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

Man, a league like this for the 360 would be perfect for the dad with two jobs, a wife and three kids...I'm just sayin. :cool:

22. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

What would be the difference between this league and the other new member league?

23. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Around here, members tend to be a bit older, but are not exclusively so. This league just gets a little more specific, that's all. I'm trying to get guys who have similar home lives, so they can have online experiences that work well for one another. Most leagues have a bunch of these kinds of guys without asking for them. I'm just asking for them specifically.

In every league, it seems that some guys are super-mega-gung-ho and others have less time to spend, and this results in conflict. Other leagues have guys who just want to have fun mixed in with hyper-competitive types, and this also results in conflict. This is a no drama league, and I'm starting by asking specifically for guys who tend to be less dramatic. It's no guarantee, of course, but it tips the odds in favor of the casual gamer, if only by a little.

That's the idea, at least. I know a lot of guys (more than I can count on my fingers, and I have all of my fingers) who won't play in environments like TF because they think it's for sports gaming prodigies and not for the regular guy. So, I create a league that defies that, and you can see the response. It has worked before, and it should work again.

At least that's what I'm going for. Thanks for the question.

AG

24. DoomsDayD1978

DoomsDayD1978 Walk On

I'm definitely interested in this... sounds like it's right up my alley (me being 40 yrs. of age, full time coaching/teaching job and teenage kids...lol)..I would like to join.

25. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Which team would you like to play?