New Race series ideas...

Discussion in 'Tradition Racing' started by jms493, Dec 22, 2011.

1. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I guess first of all who is interesting in continuing to race here in a new series format. Shorter series. I am thinking 6 races per series. We can always extend it if the majority agrees.

We will be awarding more points through out the field to promote more competitive racing in the lower half.

Here are just a few ideas off the top of my head and feel free to throw others out there. I feel like 1-2 cars per series and 1 track per week is a nice amount of racing for our group. Most of us are casual.

• Team Series - 2 racers per team, add points together most points per team wins
    • Old School Muscle Car series - Grab a lot of muscle cars to choose from and have at it.
    • AWD/RWD/FWD series - Grab a lot of the same drive train cars and go nuts.
    • Multiple car series - Each racer chooses 2 cars to put in their garage and can choose either one based on the race.
    • Multi Class Series - You could have the faster racers racing S class and the Slower racers racing A Class. Promotes more traffiic and horrific crashes.
    • Pick up or SUV series - Kind of silly but a short 5 race series with sporty SUVs or Pick ups
    • HOLDEN Series - Everyone grabs a Holden car (all the same) and race.
    • Classic Sports Car series - sports cars from the 50-60s
    • Modern Muscle - American Muscle cars from the 90's and 2000's
    • Modern Exotic Cars - Ferraris, Lambos, Porsche (RUF).
    I like the handicap idea but that is more work for Hellisan....i am not sure i am equipped to provide proper PI levels.

Racers signed up:
    jms493
    bondzai

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  3. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

All of those sound great. I think we can implement the Team Series with any of the other ones and it would be a blast.

4. DelZaster

DelZaster Walk On

Thank you for the invite but no thank you sir.

5. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I'm potentially game. Depends on when though. I like the shorter series idea just to mix things up a bit more. I also am a big fan of a larger points spread to increase the competitiveness and enjoyment for those of us at the back of the pack.

I like these ideas:
    • Team Series - 2 racers per team, add points together most points per team wins (how would teams be picked? Idk anyone that'd want to be stuck with Bondzai007 haha)
    • AWD/RWD series - Grab a lot of the same drive train cars and go nuts. (FWD doesn't really interest me at the moment.)
    • Multi Class Series - You could have the faster racers racing S class and the Slower racers racing A Class. Promotes more traffiic and horrific crashes.
    • HOLDEN Series - Everyone grabs a Holden car (all the same) and race.
    • Modern Muscle - American Muscle cars from the 90's and 2000's
    Also, just my preference, but I'd really like to get into a series racing one of the newer Ferrari's. I guess I can probably find those anywhere though.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  7. GoGators

Just to add, I like the one car one track per night deal especially for the next series or two. I'm an accountant and with work hours ramping up I know I won't have the availability to attempt to learn two tracks and tune two cars per week.

8. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

agreed alot of here have full time jobs, wives, kids, family, ect. I am taking that into consideration.

9. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    I'd be game, if you guys still want me to race.

10. Dylema

Dylema Walk On

I'm up for pretty much anything, I'd rather not do an AWD as I'm trying to get one up and running on another site. I was kind of thinking Holden/Ford with a manufactures championship too or maybe teams within those manufacturers.

11. Ca$ino

Ca$ino You're Killing Me Smalls

I just want to race. I can probably only do mondays like we have been doing but I might be able to do other days besides thursday. Thuraday is definite no for me.

Im good with any series you choose to do. I personally like what we been doing of one car.one track for like 40 min

12. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Monday seems to be a good fit.....I dont see us changing that. I have a reminder on my phone every monday at 9 pm to remind me of RACE NITE!!! lawl

13. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

It seems that Helli and I will discuss the options and pick one.

14. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Lawl! Why did you keep ignoring it until 9:59 then for gawdsakes!?

• Like Like x 1
  15. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I am busy tuning till teh last possible minute...

16. DirtyDawg73

DirtyDawg73 Walk On

I've got some similar ideas posted over on Realistic. Weeknights are still a no go for me for the foreseeable future.

17. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

18. GoGators

dislike

19. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    womp womp womp?

20. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member