New Rams owner needs help!!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bigox1337, Dec 16, 2009.

1. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

New Rams owner needs help!!

Just confused i think but its my understandiing yall did an offline draft on LP which for some reason i wasnt given any sort of indication of why i wasnt invited and what happened etc etc. Though some digging a figured out that the previous owner traded my first round draft pick which IMO is a bad idea without 32 owners that will be there season after season. I got penalized for something the previous owner did and then didnt have success and quit. Im cool with that BUT when i was asked to join, i had one stipulation, which was i wanted a team that the previous owner didnt mess with picks and players too much. I was handed the rams without a "hey no first round pick" which is very disconcerting becuase i am getting the feeling that you if you werent around for the PC days you gonna get screwed over cuase you know no one and no one really cares. I pm mags and commishoners and get no response. Not a big deal but i would have liked to known that before the draft and i would liked to changed so i could accually draft someone but its too late now i guess. I only get my team when another owner goes "hey why havent you joined and what team are you?" Which brings me to my second question. Is there no draft for rounds 2-6? I have multiple picks in the second and maybe the third because the prevoius owner traded my best LB and my first round pick for hutch and 2nd or third rounder. If we are doing just a first come first serve basis for the non first round picks then i got screwed royally, you have no CAP system, no FA system, no numbers to back up anything so the first person to come along is going to sign all the good rookies, no hey your first up in the second round so you get first dibs at the not first rounders. So the trade was Hutchinson and a second rounder which is basically a lie because there was no draft for the 2-6 rounds for a my first rounder pick AND my best LB. Anyways in the words of bob "wheres the love at???????"

2. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Tell me i am completely wrong and explain to ways things are done here.... please.

3. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

I am the Viking owner. A "non_PC" guy and can tell you 2 things from my experience here which consists of this past season.

1. I have NOT felt a major PC bias, although you have to expect that guys who have known and played with each other for 4 or 5 years will have strong bonds with one another. The commsih and RC are fair and responsive - but there are 31 other guys in this franchsie who all may have small requests/questions which cn add up and sometimes things can slip through the cracks.

2. As the Viking owner the trade for Hutch was this - Hutch (best G in game) & 4th round pick for Rams 1st & 3rd. I am in another league as 49ers where the previous owner made wacky trades. It happens. But I can promise you this - the gameplay, quality opponents, and stability of the league make it worth fixing the team you inherit.

3. On a side note I suggest that any trade involving a draft pick(s) should be approved with the following stipulation - the owner trading picks away cannot switch teams until his team has all of thier draft picks. To use the Rams as an example - the former owner of the Rams would not be allowed to move teams until next year, when Rams would have all of their picks again. I do agree it sucks to inherit a team missing high draft picks as that is what I enjoy almost as much as playing the games.

4. FYI - B McKinnie can be had for 1st and 3rd round picks next year ;)

4. Kan

Kan Walk On

Also, using paragraphs helps.

I stopped reading about 4 sentences in.

5. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

You got the Pats, Colts and Texans all open. The Pats seem to have a ghost owner who claims them but he never signs in so IMO they should be open as well.

Be best to get out of my Division now while you can anyway.

6. hoytpower

hoytpower Walk On

First off seeing as the draft was originally scheduled for last Wed. then moved to Sunday night and your just asking today about it doesn't say much for your participation in the league. If you can't take 2 minutes in a week period to check and see what's up your probably to busy to play your 2 games a week.

Secondly if you come into an established league wanting to join and then say you got screwed cause you didn't have a first rd pick you must really think your a special person. You should be happy that you were given a team on recomendation from another owner. Which you took advantage of by not showing up for a week and showing your thanks to the guy who put in a good word for you. Hell you may have already been removed for not showing up.

Thirdly most of us here are from the PC and have been together for 5 or 6 versions of madden. We are like a family here and we've added new members to our family since were on the console now. We get along pretty well and joke around a lot. You need to get to know these guys to tell who's just talking crap and having fun in a post or actually being serious. We have rules that are spelled out for everyone to read. We don't just change them becuase someone thinks they should be able to. If it is a good idea or a problem that needs to be looked at it will be by the RC ( rules commitee ). With that being said if you are still in the league welcome aboard and lets get back to playing some football.

7. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

OK Ox, here's the deal.. You were non-responsive on ICQ when the team requests were asked and assigned. We have two other teams open if the Rams aren't for you. You are also joining in after a full season has been played, so the chances of getting a 'virgin' team are few and far between.

I think the PC bias is long gone, and the new owners we've had have been nothing but great. Joining in, participating, and adding new life here. There's no 'screw the new guy' because pickings are slim. If you don't think this is the place for you, no harm done. We'll move on.

The draft times were posted yet you made no effort to get involved once you had a team. That's on you, not us. All of the information, including draft pick status, is posted freely in the forums. Your team was taken care of for the picks it had in the draft. All that is left is a FA filler draft, and then it's open for people to just fill up their rosters with the remains. After 32 guys go in the FA filler, there won't exactly be a ton to pick from that'll see the field. I think you should take that into perspective.

So... in short, if your first post here is going to be freaking out with little other contact other than bitching about the team you have, you have two options.

1. Take another team that is open and get active.

2. Don't join us.

8. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

I was given a team maybe 3 days before the draft, I tried to asked for LP username and password, no avail, i asked for a heads up on whats teams had what. Ive tried. Its cool. Ive moved on, just didnt feel much love, this thread is the most responce besides "heres your team." i never once said anything about changing anything. Just voicing a opinion of why trade picks if your not even able to use picks past the first round.

9. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

Draft lasted 4 rounds.

10. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

i was unaware that ICQ was the communication of choice here. I would check here almost every day but nothing really new on here. Im gonna stick with the rams for my reasons. Any shortcomings i may find here and surely outweighed by all the praise ive heard about MEGA, Everything is cool, ive moved on, Lets play some football

Mags, next step for me is to drop all rookies right???

11. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Reason im staying with the Rams HA. Get too beat you twice a year.

12. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Sorry Mrs. Schoolteacher. Didnt know proper sentence structure was a MEGA rule....

I work on it, i usually dont write a novel on a forum.

13. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Guess i was completely wrong, thought i read somewhere that first round only on LP and i read today that there was a first come firs serve basis on the undrafted FA and i thought that was everyone minus the first rounders. I thought it was so strange that i had to speak up. If i knew we were doing 4 rounds i would have made a greater effort to get my LP pass and user name. Ill get ICQ in little, assuming download.com has it. If i offended anyone, my apologies... not my intention. I got that love that i was looking for.

14. Thelou

Thelou Walk On

Ok let's clear the air here. I was the former Rams owner and I didnt suck, the Rams finished 9-7. I had no plans of dismantling the team and then bailing to a new team. The league was at the time I switched a 3rd of the way full so I ask to switch teams which was allowed.

The trade was Vikes send LG Hutchinson and 4th rd pick to Rams
    Rams send 1st, 3rd rd picks and OLB Chamberlain to Vikes

Chamberlain was a 68 ovr LB and to claim he was the Rams "best" LB shows you really dont have a clue.

Not only did I try to improve the team but I also signed some FA's that was just as good if not better than Chamberlain so lose the "Woe is me" attitude. You had the opportunity to take a choice of 3 teams which you decided to take the Rams because they had more potential with the players they had, draft picks not being a big sticking point in your choice. You also had the opportunity to trade players to acquire other draft picks if you so chose but you didn't.

So if you dont like the Rams, move to another team. Don't post a bunch of crap about people being mean to you and trying to take advantage of you. If you're still not happy, you can always take option #2 Mags posted for you.

15. gt86

gt86 Walk On

I probably shouldn't say this but I will ( i feel the old asshole gt86 coming back ) I say drop this guy and kick him to the curb. He shouldn't even have an option to get another team after all this Bs.

16. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

Stop GT dont be like that. He just needs to get active.

17. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

Lets not run the guy off. I agree it can be frustrating to take a team over and not have draft picks.

18. gt86

gt86 Walk On

no he needs to come in and be active read whats posted on the forums and not make his first post and piss a moan post about how he got screwed

19. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Apparently i am the only one without ICQ, i thought the forums where primary source of communication between people. I sent PM's tried to get users and passes... If my post seemed like it had a bad tone or i was bitching, my bad, it was unintentional and ive already apologized. If you want me to leave thats fine, you just have to tell me.

20. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

ok big ox ive got a few hard FACTS for you.....

1) reason for staying in the nfc west is you dont wanna come get whooped in the AFC South

2) im a console add and love this league. its awesome. if you want people to know you then go to the "who are we in MEGA" thread and fill it out.

3) welcome to the league as im sure you will enjoy it after we're done picking on you!!! jk

21. scarface

scarface Walk On

bigox dont worry about kan hes a sharmuta and a moron he knows not what he says.

22. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

oh i can talk smack with best of them, ask coach. Pick on as you want, i sorta deserve it, sounded like prick in the original post

23. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

look at my banner dude, i know the power and if im not them i tend to want to stay away.

24. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

hehe. yeah man i just wanted to chime in. i got a good vibe cuz the first post i saw from you was good luck in the MEGA bowl. im still grumpy cuz i lost.

one more fact though..... this league is ran with an unbridled passion. no other league has leadership like this one bar none. welcome to Mega

25. scarface

scarface Walk On

NOW you see why I post some of the stuff I do, this is THEE marquee league in madden PC/PS3/XBOX.
    Mags and the boys put alot into it... maybe not styk, hes a dumb shit, but the rest do alot.