New Rams Owner

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by IrishBearcat, Mar 24, 2012.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Hey guys, I will be taking over as the new Head Coach of the St. Louis Rams. I've been following the TMFL as a fan but never joined because I thought I didn't have the game. Little did I know I got it for Christmas and simply had never opened it due to being so busy.

I've always been an NCAA guy so I'm completely new to the Online Franchise Mode. I have registered for XFN and added myself to the OF on the console. Is there anything else I need to (or should be doing) in order to get started?

Also, any tips for a n00b would help. Any ideas for how I could improve my team RIGHT NOW with free agency?

Thanks guys. Can't wait to get started. Is RynoAid still in the league, or should I play the CPU Cowboys?

• Like Like x 1
  2. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Welcome aboard Irish! Glad to have you here. Unfortunately the trade deadline has already passed, so there isn't much you can do right now to bolster your team. You can poke around in 'front office', there is a lot of information there. If you click the Sign/Release page, you can sign any of the FAs listed on the right. There are pretty slim pickings right now. The good news is that your division is wide open, and you're already tied for first place. You have ~15M in free cap space to work with, so that's always a plus.

Offseason comes after playoffs. You can view the schedule for last year here: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/tmfl-offseason-schedule.74702/ to get an idea of what that encompasses. That is when you can trade again. After the draft, we have a FA bidding period. There you can make offers to FAs you're interested in within a 24 period or so, we will announce a rough time of when it will close, and it will close 5-20 minutes after that time (it's random to prevent bid snipping). It can get quite crazy when you're battling other GMs for players you really want, but it's also a lot of fun. You can improve your team with the draft, trading, FA bidding, or a combo of all three. Everyone has a different strategy. I wouldn't build for too long term, we may get around 4 seasons done at our current pace. Let us know if you have any more questions.

• Like Like x 1
  3. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Is there a "practice mode" similar to the NCAA OD?

4. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Nope, it really sucks after you make a few roster moves. Since you still have the default roster, you can go into practice mode from game modes to get a feel for your team.

• Like Like x 1
  5. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

Welcome IrishBearcat, it's good to see when fans of As the TMFL Turns become new members. You know what they say, "any publicity is good publicity". If you have any gameplay questions please let me know, I am more than happy to help (y).

• Like Like x 1
  6. bjbdahitman

bjbdahitman Andy Reid to KC... Finally a real coach...

Welcome to the league man... I hope you enjoy

7. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Welcome Irish, another good addition for TMFL.